We explain how to turn off the Sony SRS XB12 portable BT speaker here. Now most speakers have a Power button that Sony prominently positions on the unit so it’s easy to locate. Indeed, this speaker is no exception to this pattern, as we find its Power button near the bottom in the button panel. See this next.
There’s also a status lamp, just to the left of the Power button, that glows as long as the speaker is ON, but goes dark when you turn off the speaker. E.g. We point out this lamp in the next picture.
This lamp glows blue when the speaker is ON, as seen above.
And when you turn off the XB12, this lamp goes OFF, as we see next.
How to Turn Off the Sony SRS XB12
To power down this speaker, press the Power button. Then release after a quarter second or so. Also, you needn’t hold it in for too long for the unit to see your press and then shut itself down.
When the speaker switches off, all lamps on the unit stop glowing, except for possibly the orange CHARGE lamp. This light glows when the speaker is charging, no matter whether the speaker itself is ON or OFF. Note that the CHARGE lamp glowing does not indicate speaker power status. But it will stop glowing when the battery reaches full charge or you disconnect the charger from the speaker.
Moreover, this speaker makes no sound when it powers down, although if it is playing something, this sound will immediately stop.
But if pressing the Power button does not turn off the speaker, you can try resetting it by following our Sony SRS XB12 Reset Instructions. And if that doesn’t work, you can disconnect the speaker from your charger, and let it run dead. It will indeed shut down then. Finally, and hopefully, when you recharge it, the Power button will once again work correctly. But if not, you might just have to get a new speaker.
Related Posts to How to Turn Off Sony SRS XB12
- How to Turn Off Temporary Hold on Honeywell Thermostat
- Turning Off the Permanent Hold Feature on a Honeywell Thermostat
- How to Turn Off Netflix Audio Descriptions
- How to Turn Off Audio Guide on Disney Plus
- JBL Speaker Red Light Stays On, Won’t Turn Off
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB12 BT Speaker
- How to Turn On Sony SRS XB12 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair This Sony Extra Bass Speaker with an iPhone
- Pairing Instructions for This Sony Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Reset This Speaker
- How to Read the Battery Indicator Charging Light on This Speaker
- 2021-09-11: First published.