We explain how to turn off the Sony SRS XB20 portable wireless speaker here. Now most speakers have a Power button that Sony prominently places on the unit so it’s easy to pinpoint. Indeed, this speaker is no exception to this pattern, as we find its Power button at the rightmost position on the top button panel. See this next.
There’s also a status lamp, inside the Power button, that glows white as long as the speaker is ON, but goes dark when you turn off the speaker.
And when you turn off the XB20, this lamp goes OFF, as we see next.
How to Turn Off the Sony SRS XB20
To power down this portable speaker, press the Power button. Then release after a quarter second or so. Also, you don’t have to depress it for too long for the unit to read your press and then power itself down.
When the speaker goes OFF, all lights shut OFF as well, except for possibly the orange CHARGE lamp. See this in the next picture.
This light continues glowing when the speaker is recharging when the XB20 is OFF. Note that the CHARGE lamp does not indicate speaker power state (whether it is ON or OFF). But this light stops glowing in the following circumstances…
- When the battery hits full charge,
- When you disconnect the charger from the speaker.
- Or when you power up the speaker.
It should not glow when the speaker is OFF and you have no charger attached. Nor should it ever glow steadily when the speaker is ON.
Furthermore, this speaker makes no sound when it powers OFF, although if it is playing, this sound does stop immediately.
But if pressing the Power button does not turn off the speaker, you can try resetting it. See our How to Reset Sony SRS XB20 Wireless Speaker for details on how to do that to restore proper Power button operation.
And if that doesn’t do the trick, you can disconnect the speaker from your charger, and let it run from the battery until it dies. Then it will certainly shut down. At that point, and hopefully, when you connect power again, the Power button will once more work as you hope. But if not, the speaker may be broken, and so you might just have to replace it.
Related Posts to How to Turn Off Sony SRS XB20 Bluetooth Speaker
- The Sony SRS XB41 Bluetooth Speaker and How to Turn it Off
- How to Turn Off Sony SRS XB33 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Turn Off The Sony XB32
- Sony SRS XB31 Bluetooth Speaker How to Turn Off
- Turning Off the Sony SRS XB23 Portable Speaker
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB20 Extra Bass Speaker
- How to Turn Off the Party Lights on the XB20 Sony Speaker
- Telling if the XB20 is Charging
- How to Make the XB20 Discoverable
- How to Reset Sony SRS XB20 Extra Bass Speaker
- Pairing the XB20 Bluetooth Speaker
- 2021-10-03: First published.