Here, we cover how to turn off temporary hold on a typical Honeywell thermostat. But why would temporary hold ever be ON to start with? Well, the temporary hold feature on programmable thermostats lets the user override scheduled temperature settings, and set the temperature manually. This new temperature setting remains in effect until the next scheduled temperature change, at which point, the thermostat ends its temporary hold, and resumes following its schedule. Now when a thermostat is following its schedule, it is not on hold.
So why would you ever want to put a programmable thermostat on temporary hold? Well, perhaps your house is too chilly on a very cold winter night. So you’d like to stop your pre-scheduled temperature lowering just for that night. Or, maybe you don’t like the temperatures set by the current program, but don’t know how to change them. Thus you must wait for your tech savvy daughter’s next visit to get that done. In cases like these, using Temporary Hold is a handy solution until she next arrives to help you.
How to Turn Off Temporary Hold on a Honeywell Thermostat
We show here turning off the Temporary Hold function on our Honeywell RTH9580WF WiFi thermostat. In this demo, we start off with our thermostat already set to Temporary Hold.
1. Go to the Honeywell Thermostat’s Home Screen
Here’s a shot of our t-stat’s Home page shown next.
The Hold button says Hold Until… and it also says the time that temporary hold will end. In this routine, we show you how to intervene, and resume schedule following prior to the time it is currently set to pick up again.
2. Tap the Hold Button
Find the Hold button near screen center and bottom. Note that it may be labeled as either Hold Until… or Permanent Hold, depending on what mode your thermostat is currently in. But if you see no button, with the phrase Following Schedule in that spot, then your thermostat is not in temporary mode. So you need not turn it off.
Tapping the Hold button, no matter its flavor, brings up the Hold Options screen, as shown following.
Pressing Cancel Hold stops Temporary Hold.
3. Tap the Cancel Hold Button
When you touch the Cancel Hold option, the thermostat then returns to Following Schedule mode, and again displays its Home screen. See this next.
But now, notice that the Hold button no longer appears. Instead, we find a link label that just says, Following Schedule.
4. Done with How to Turn Off Temporary Hold on Honeywell Thermostat !
You’ve now learned how to turn off temporary hold on a common Honeywell smart thermostat. Well, at least you know how to do it on the touchscreen multi color models anyhow. 🙂
Other Posts About the Honeywell Thermostat
- Honeywell Thermostat Not Following Schedule, How to Fix
- Honeywell Thermostat Models Review
- How to Reconnect Honeywell Thermostat to WiFi
- Honeywell Thermostat Wiring Instructions
- How to Restart Honeywell Thermostat
- Honeywell Thermostat Pictures
Related Posts to How to Turn Off Temporary Hold on Honeywell Thermostat
- Honeywell Thermostat Screen Locked, How to Turn Off
- How to Turn Off Descriptive Audio on Netflix
- Turning Off the Samsung J7 Galaxy Smart Phone
- How to Turn Off Commentary on Disney Plus
References for How to Turn Off Temporary Hold on Honeywell Thermostat
- Hard Reset Alexa Echo Dot Instructions
- How to Connect Echo Dot to Bluetooth Speaker
- Reconnecting WiFi on Harman Kardon Invoke Speaker
- Google Home App Screenshots 2017, 2018
- How to Recover Clicking Hard Drive
Log of Revisions
- 2021-09-11: First released.