You can adjust the bass response of the JBL Flip 4 mini speaker by turning on and off its bass mode. Thus when ON, this mode makes the passive bass radiators vibrate a lot more. Further, this extra bass mode adds an indeed hefty bass quality, as well as a little more treble to the content playing. So you will indeed hear this at some distance from the speaker.
How to Turn On JBL Flip 4 Bass Mode
First, by default, after a reset, the Flip 4 has its bass mode turned on already. Thus if you’ve just reset the speaker, you won’t need to turn bass mode on.
How to Turn On JBL Flip 4 Bass Mode, Step by Step
But if you did turn bass mode off since the last reset, then you can turn it ON again by pressing and holding in the Volume Down (-) and Bluetooth buttons for about ten seconds. Then, release these when the Power and Connect+ buttons light up white, as shown in the next picture. E.g. Find these buttons near the top of the speaker, as shown in the picture above.
Also, to turn bass mode back to what it was before what you just did, then again, press and hold the Volume Down and Bluetooth buttons in until the Power and Connect+ buttons light up once more. Release the buttons when you see that.
Finally, when the buttons return to their prior states, bass mode is ON once again. If you had been paired with a BT device, the Power button turns blue again. And, if you hadn’t connected this speaker with others via Connect Plus, the Connect+ button then goes dark.
Related Posts to How to Turn On JBL Flip 4 Bass Mode
- How to Turn On JBL Flip 3 Bass Mode
- How to Turn On JBL Flip 5 Bass Mode
- Turning On Bass Mode on the JBL Charge 5 Speaker
- How to Turn On JBL Charge 3 Bass Mode
- How to Turn On JBL Charge 4 Bass Mode
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Connect JBL Flip 4 to iPhone
- JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Flip 4 Hard Reset Instructions
- How to Make JBL Flip 4 Discoverable
- How to Put JBL Flip 4 in Pairing Mode
References for How to Turn On JBL Flip 4 Bass Mode
- 2021-09-06: First published.