You can adjust the bass output of the JBL Flip 5 portable speaker by turning on and off its bass mode. So when this mode is ON, it makes the passive bass radiators move a lot more, and an extra bonus is a bit more treble as well. But over all, it adds a notably hefty extreme bass quality to the content playing.
How to Turn On JBL Flip 5 Bass Mode
Now by default, the Flip 5 has its extra bass mode turned ON after a clean reset.
How to Turn On JBL Flip 5 Bass Mode, Step by Step
You can turn this extra bass mode ON by pressing and holding in the Volume Down (-) and Bluetooth buttons for about ten seconds.
Keep holding them in until the oval that surrounds the Power and Bluetooth buttons lights up white.
E.g. See these lamps glowing in the next picture. Moreover, find the Bluetooth button on the front panel island inside that oval, and the Volume Down button on the top of the speaker, as shown in the picture above.
Then, to switch bass mode back to what it was before, then again press and hold the Volume Down and Bluetooth buttons in until the Power and Bluetooth buttons, along with the oval ring, lights up again. Release the buttons when you see that.
Finally after a short pause, when the button lamps return to their prior states, extra bass mode goes back to what it was before again.
Now if you had been paired with a BT device, the Bluetooth button lights up solid white again.
Related Posts to How to Turn On JBL Flip 5 Bass Mode
- How to Turn On JBL Flip 4 Bass Mode
- Turning On Bass Mode on the JBL Xtreme Powerbank Speaker
- How to Turn On JBL Charge 5 Bass Mode
- How to Turn On JBL Flip 3 Bass Mode
- Turning On the Bass Mode on the JBL Charge 4 Speaker
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 5 Portable Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Charging Recharging Instructions
- JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- How to Connect JBL Flip 5 to iPhone
- Pairing the JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker with Common Source Devices
- How to Factory Reset JBL Flip 5 BT Speaker
References for How to Turn On JBL Flip 5 Bass Mode
- 2021-09-06: First published.