We explain how to turn on the JBL Go 2 speaker here. Now most speakers have a Power button that they prominently position on the unit so it’s easy to find. Indeed, this speaker is no exception to this rule, since we find its Power button on the top button panel, as we see next.
There’s also a status lamp on the front of the speaker, that starts glowing when the Go 2 powers up, as we point out in the next picture.
This lamp is dark when the speaker is OFF unless you are charging the speaker. In that case, it glows red, as we see in the next picture.
How to Turn On the JBL Go 2 Speaker
To power up this speaker, press the Power button. Then release after a quarter second or so. Moreover, you needn’t hold it in for too long for the unit to see your press and then turn itself on.
When the speaker comes on, the status lamp glows, and the unit makes an interesting sound to let you know that it is now running.
But if pressing the Power button does not start up the speaker, or if the status lamp blinks red, it could be that you need to recharge the battery. So if the unit won’t come on, try connecting a USB charger to it. You can indeed play the speaker while it charges.
Now with a charger connected, this speaker should always power up when you click the Power button. If not, then the unit may not be getting any electricity from your charger. So check that the AC outlet for the adapter is live, that the adapter works, that the cable between it and the speaker is okay, and that the charger plug is fully seated in the speaker’s USB port.
But if after all these checks the speaker still does not turn on, then the unit itself may be defective. In that case, just get a new one.
Related Posts to How to Turn On JBL Go 2
- How to Turn on JBL Go 3 Speaker
- Turning On the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Speaker
- How to Turn On the Microphone on the Echo Dot 3rd Generation Smart Speaker
- How to Turn on Permanent Hold on Honeywell Thermostat
- Turning On the Wonderboom 2, How to Do It
Other Posts About the JBL Go 2
- How to Turn On This Speaker’s Bass Mode
- Firmware Update Instructions for This Speaker
- JBL Go 2 Buttons, Meanings Functions, Combinations
- How to Tell if This Speaker Is Charging
- JBL Go 2 Pairing Instructions
- 2021-09-09: First published.