We describe here how to use Affresh washer cleaner, based on the information on the box. Furthermore, we add in the little tricks and tips we happened upon while cleaning our own washer with this product. So we hope that these further improve how well this Affreash cleaner product works.
Cautions and Warnings
Not a Laundry Soap
Do not put clothes in the washer while cleaning it with this product. Why not? Because the Affresh perfume scent might stay on the clothes, and could become too strong. Moreover, the chemicals in Affresh may harm clothing. So keep your clothes safe, and keep them away while cleaning your washer.
Affresh Washer Cleaner Only Cleans the Water Handling Parts
Affresh® works great on washer parts that water flows in, around, and through. These pieces include the tub, water jets, pumps, the drain, some hoses, and door seals.
But if pungent smells remain using Affresh for several weeks or more, your washer may be defective. Indeed there may be leaking pipes in it where water builds up beneath the unit, but never dries. In fact, standing water can form a nasty breeding ground for odor-causing bacteria. So a long term smelly washer may need fixing. But these long lasting odors due to mechanical break downs are beyond the scope of Affresh to fix.
How to Use Affresh Washer Cleaner
Hints and Tips
- Apply once every month.
- Then, leave the washer door ajar between loads.
- For pesky odors or dirt and growths, use Affresh® washer cleaner three times. Put one tablet in each of three consecutive cleaning cycles. This helps remove mold and mildew buildup. Then, after these three rapid fire cleanings, use Affresh cleaner once per month (maintenance mode).
How to Use Affresh Washer Cleaner, Step by Step
- Firstly, to clean, drop ONE Affresh® tablet directly into washer tub. Do not put in the soap dispenser.
- Then close / latch the door and run on REGULAR wash cycle, using HOT water. Or if your washer has a CLEAN cycle, use that instead.
- If you do bleach loads, make these the last loads you do in a particular washing session. Why? Because bleach kills many odor-producing bacteria and germs. And, the little bit that remains in the machine prolongs the washer’s odor-free state. It works in concert with this Affresh® cleaner.
- Affresh Washer Cleaner Review, for HE Washing Machines
- Tide Washing Machine Cleaner Instructions, How to Use
References for How to Use Affresh Washer Cleaner
- 2021-08-24: First published.