If your HP 3630 series printer ever behaves strangely, do a factory reset. Reset also to update its WiFi settings. Furthermore, a factory reset restores the 3630 to factory default settings. Once the reset ends, you can set the printer up anew. E.g. You can enter new printer settings, to reconnect it to a WiFi network, or to a new network. In this demo, we do this default reset on the HP DeskJet 3630 printer scanner, copier, all-in-one printer.
HP DeskJet 3630 Factory Reset to Factory Default State
1. Turn Printer On
First, press and quickly release the Power button.
Find the Power button as shown on the 3630, by the pink arrow in the next photo.
2. Wait for Printer to Finish Starting Up
Secondly, power up finishes when all printer noise stops, and the Power button glows steady white after the 3630 boots.
3. Next, Press and Hold the Power Button
But don’t release it though, until you run the next two steps.
4. Then, Quickly Press and Release the Start Copy Black Button Twice
Then, while holding in the Power button, also press and release Start Copy.
The next picture shows where this button is on the 3630. The pink arrow points out the Copy button.
5. Next, Press and Release the Cancel (Red X) Button Three Times
See where it is in the next picture.
6. Wait for WiFi Network Status Light to Blink White
Find the light as shown in the next picture.
Finally, when it blinks, the 3630 deletes the old information from its memory. Then, the printer is ready for programming with new wireless network details.
7. Finally, done!
Lastly, set up your HP 3630 printer. Indeed, it’s back to its factory default (brand new) settings.
- How to Replace Empty Ink Cartridges in HP 3630 Series DeskJet Printer
- Factory Reset Amazon Echo Instructions
- HP Deskjet 3630 Series Ink Cartridges Details
- Alexa Factory Reset Echo Dot Instructions
- Factory Reset Echo Spot Instructions, How to Factory Reset
- 2020-05-05: Added more tags.
- 2019-07-15: Added tags.
- 2019-05-18: Improved the targeting for ‘HP DeskJet 3630 Factory Reset’ and added tags.
- 2018-12-07: Added more subheadings.
- 2018-03-16: Updated content.
- 2017-01-23: Originally published.