If your HP 3630 series printer ever behaves strangely, do a factory reset. Or, when you need to update its wireless network settings, you also perform a hard reset. A hard reset restores the 3630 to factory default settings. Once the HP DeskJet 3630 factory reset ends, you can set it up anew. E.g. You can enter new printer settings, to reconnect it to a WiFi network, or to a different network.
In this demo, we do this factory default reset on the HP DeskJet 3630 printer scanner, copier, all-in-one printer.
HP DeskJet 3630 Factory Reset to Factory Default State
1 Turn printer on. Press and quickly release the Power button. Find the power button as shown on the 3630, by the pink arrow in the next photo.
2. Wait for printer to finish starting up. Power up finishes when all printer noise stops, and the Power button glows steady white after the 3630 boots.
3. Next, Press and hold in the power button, as shown above. Don’t release it however, until you run the next two steps.
4. Then, press and release the Start Copy Black button twice. The next picture shows where this button is on the 3630. The pink arrow points out the Copy button.
5. Next, press and release the Cancel (red x) button three times. See where it is in the next picture.
6. Wait for the Wi-Fi network status light to blink white. The light is located as shown in the next picture. When it blinks, the 3630 deletes the old information from its memory. Then, it’s ready for programming with new wireless network details.
7. Finally, done! Now, set up your HP 3630 printer. It’s back to its factory default (brand new) settings.
- How to Install HP DeskJet 3630 Series Wireless Printer
- HP DeskJet 3630 Series Wireless Printer Setup Instructions
- How to Replace Empty Ink Cartridges in HP 3630 Series DeskJet Printer
- HP Deskjet 3630 Series Ink Cartridges Details
- How to Reset HP Deskjet 3632 Printer
- 2018-03-16: Updated content.
- 2017-01-23: Originally published.