The ink cartridges that come with the HP Deskjet 3630 series printers such as the 3632 all-in-one printer scanner copier, are the HP 63 units, as shown in the following pictures. This printer series requires one black ink cartridge (left), and one tri-color cartridge (right). Note that both cartridges carry the same number (HP 63).
HP 3630 Series Ink Cartridge Labeling
Ink Cartridge Bag Labeling
- The black ink cartridge is labeled on its protect bag as follows: HP Invent N9J07A HP 63, Made in Malaysia, 4K4, Setup Black Cartridge, Not For Sale, MYS1 1B0300 160913 0622.
- The tri-color cartridge is labeled on its anti-static bag as follows: HP Invent, N9K12A HP 63, Made in Malaysia, 4TN, Setup H Tri-color Cartridge, Not For Sale, MYS2 1B0300 1B0925 0627.
Ink Cartridge Case Labeling
- The black cartridge has a black top with a sticker on its top that says the following: HP 63 Black, Intended for single use only, Setup Cartridge, N9J07A. The Do-Not-Dispose-of icon (the trashcan with the X through it) appears at the bottom of the sticker.
- The tri-color cartridges has a raspberry-colored top, also with a sticker there that says the following: HP 63, Intended for single use only, Keep out of reach of children, Tri-color Setup H Cartridge, N9K12A. It also sports the Please-recycle icon.
HP 3630 Series Ink Cartridge Safe Handling Precautions
- Leave in bags until ready to install. Do not remove the cartridges from their anti-static bags until moments before installing them into the printer. These units contain sensitive electronic parts that could be destroyed by exposure to static electricity.
- Keep ink nozzles covered! Also, do not remove the protective tape on the ink nozzles of each unit until you can immediately snap the cartridges into your printer. So, it’s best not to remove these tape strips, as pictured next, until you’ve already removed the old cartridges from the printer.
- Never force cartridge into the printer. During installation, they should easily snap into place with light pressure from a single index finger. If you must apply any more force than that, then the cartridge has not been properly inserted into its cartridge well in the printer. Remove it and try again.
When buying these cartridges, ask for an HP 63 cartridge set.
- How to Install HP DeskJet 3630 Series Wireless Printer
- How to Replace Empty Ink Cartridges in HP 3630 Series DeskJet Printer
- HP DeskJet 3632 Printer Unboxing
- HP DeskJet 3632 Wireless Setup Instructions
- 2017-01-22: Originally published.