You can change how loud the bass is on the JBL Boombox, by turning on and off its low frequency mode. When switched on, this super bass mode makes the passive bass radiators vibrate much more, and adds a low rumble quality to the playing program, that travels pretty far from the speaker.
How to Turn Off JBL Boombox Low Frequency Mode
By default, the JBL Boombox 1 has its bass mode turned on after a reset. This adds a bit of treble and lots of extra bass to the audio output as compared to when low frequency mode is OFF.
You can turn this low frequency mode off by pressing and holding in the Volume Down (-) and Bluetooth buttons for about ten seconds, until the Power and Connect buttons light up together, as shown in the next picture, pointed at by the green arrows. Find all these buttons on the top of the speaker, as shown in the picture above.
How to Turn On JBL Boombox Low Frequency Mode
To turn low frequency mode back on, again, then again, press and hold the Volume Down and Bluetooth buttons in until the Power and Connect buttons light up. Then release the buttons. When the buttons inside the oval island on the speaker light up, the low frequency mode resumes once more.
The drivers really rock when you switch on low frequency mode. So use caution in how loudly you play this speaker with the extra bass, to avoid damage to the speaker drivers inside. If the bass is crackling, tapping, or otherwise distorting, turn it down !
Related Posts to JBL Boombox Low Frequency Mode
- JBL Flip 3 Low Frequency Mode, How to Turn On
- Charge 4 JBL Low Frequency Mode, How to Turn On
- JBL Flip 4 Low Frequency Mode, How to Turn On
- Charge 3 JBL Speaker Low Frequency Mode, How to Switch It
- JBL Flip 5 Low Frequency Mode, Extra Bass
Other Posts About the JBL Boombox Portable BT Speaker
- JBL Boombox Factory Reset Instructions
- How to Bass Boost JBL Boombox BT Speaker
- JBL Boombox Volume Control Explained
- JBL Boombox Infinity Button Explained
- 2021-07-26: First published.