The JBL Charge 3 stereo Bluetooth speaker has several buttons and lamps across its top panel, including the Infinity button. So here we explain the workings of this button, how and when to use it, and what it does,
In summary, this switch lets you sync from two to over a hundred Connect+ compatible JBL speakers together. Thus, they all play the same program. So you can fill a much larger party area with sound than you could with just one speaker. Further, since the speakers can be tens of feet apart, the area you can fill with sound from several or more speakers is large enough for most small to medium sized parties.
JBL Charge 3 Infinity Button Explained
Now you use the Infinity button to connect two or more JBL speakers together, in “party mode”. When linked like this, they all play the same program without any delays or echoes. E,g, Infinity mode (a.k.a. Connect+ mode) works like Amazon’s multi room music groups on their Alexa speakers. Thus, all speakers that join up play the same audio at the same time.
With each speaker turned on, you press the Infinity button on each JBL speaker you wish to add to the Connect+ group.
The Infinity button on the JBL Charge 3 is a raised button in the shape of the infinity sign, found on the top panel, first button on the left. Thus its name, as shown in the next picture, inside the drawn yellow circle.
How to Use the Infinity Button on the JBL Charge 3 Speaker
Note that you can mix and match any combination of JBL speakers in this joined group, so long as they support the Connect+ protocol. Speakers from the Flip, Charge, Xtreme, and Boombox series models will work together as described next.
- Place all speakers within a few feet of each other.
- Power up and pair the first (master) speaker to your Bluetooth source device.
- Next, power up each additional (slave) BT speaker that you wish to join with the master.
- Press and release the Infinity button on the master speaker. That button should then light up.
- Then press and release the Infinity button on each slave speaker in turn. Again, this button will illuminate on each speaker.
- Now when you play something on your Bluetooth source device, you will hear it on all connected speakers.
- Finally, you can dissolve the connection between the speakers by pressing and releasing the Infinity button on the “master” speaker.
Related Posts to JBL Charge 3 Infinity Button
Other Posts About the JBL Charge 3 BT Speaker
- 2022-12-02: Updated links.
- 2021-07-18: First published.