This post gives JBL Charge 3 pairing instructions, showing how to pair the speaker with typical Bluetooth devices. E.g. These include the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad line of Apple phones and tablets.
JBL Charge 3 Pairing Instructions, Step by Step
With your JBL Charge 3 powered off (power button is dark), run through this routine to pair it to your device. We’re using an iPad Air tablet in this example.
1. Find your Way to the Home Screen on your iOS Device
Firstly, press the Home button to uncover the mobile iOS device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the iOS home screen on our iPad Air as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App to Continue with JBL Charge 3 Pairing
Thirdly, tap the Settings app icon.
The device then displays the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to Bluetooth Settings
Our Bluetooth settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since JBL Charge 3 speaker is currently powered OFF, it does not show up in the Bluetooth devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired our Charge 3 with the iPad Air before. See this as shown in this list of previously paired Bluetooth devices, shown next.
5. Turn On your JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker
Turn on the JBL Charge 3 by quickly pressing its Power button. See this pointed at by the green arrow in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up.
But since our iPad does not know about this speaker, the Charge 3 will not pair with it automatically. The light that comes on in the power switch denotes this not-paired state by glowing solid white, as shown next.
6. Put your Speaker into Discovery Mode to Continue with JBL Charge 3 Pairing
Now, to see your JBL Charge 3 speaker on your iOS device, place the speaker into Bluetooth discovery mode. To do that, press and release the Bluetooth button, as shown in the next picture.
When you press the Bluetooth Discovery Mode button, the speaker makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Also, the power button changes from a solid white glow to flashing blue. See this next.
7. Find your JBL Charge 3 on your iOS iPad, iPod, or iPhone Device
See the screen shot next. We found our Bluetooth speaker, as pointed at by the blue arrow, as shown next.
8. Pair with your JBL Charge 3 Portable Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth devices list, shown above.
Your iOS device then pairs with the Charge 3 (“JBL Charge 3” in this demo). The iOS device’s Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to look something like the following.
Note that the JBL Charge 3 now shows as connected, as pointed at by the Blue arrows in the last picture.
9. Done with JBL Charge 3 Pairing !
And finally, we have now successfully paired our JBL Charge 3 portable speaker with our iPad iOS device. This procedure also works when pairing with Apple iPhone and iPod devices, although the screen faces may differ slightly on the iPhone.
Related Posts to JBL Charge 3 Pairing
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Pairing Instructions
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- UE Roll Pairing Instructions for the Roll UE Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Sony SRS XB10 Google Assistant Pairing Instructions
Other Posts About the JBL Charge 3 Portable Speaker
- Pairing JBL Charge 3 with Google Home Instructions
- Finding JBL Charge 3 Firmware Version
- JBL Charge 3 Picture Gallery for this Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Charge 3 Charging Instructions, How to Recharge
- Pairing Victor Reader Trek with JBL Charge 3, How To
References for these JBL Charge 3 Pairing Instructions
- JBL Charge 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker, on Amazon.com
- Harman Audio JBL Charge 3 Waterproof Speaker on harmanaudio.com
- 2020-11-16: First published.