Here we give JBL Charge 3 reset paired devices instructions, which clear the previously paired Bluetooth devices list from the speaker’s internal memory. Paired devices reset restores this speaker to the state it was in when it came from the factory. Clearing the paired devices list stops the speaker from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices automatically, until you add new connections.
JBL Charge 3 Reset Paired Devices Instructions, Step by Step
1. Turn on the JBL Charge 3
Press and release the Power button. It should light up right away.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the Power button comes on, as shown next. In our case, since we’ve paired the speaker with other devices before this, it does not enter Bluetooth discovery mode. We know that because the Power button glows solid gray, rather than blinking blue.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it boots. The JBL Charge 3 is then ready for factory resetting after this sound finishes.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together to Continue with JBL Charge 3 Reset Paired Devices Instructions
See the next picture to find the Pause Play and UP Volume buttons.
The speaker then enters paired device reset mode, as shown in the next picture. Note that both the Power and Connect buttons light up for a couple seconds as the device reset executes. The Power button glows a pale blue, and the Connect button glows gray-white. See these buttons circled in green, as shown next.
Then after a short pause, the speaker turns off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound.
The next picture shows the speaker, powered down. All buttons go OFF.
4. Check that your JBL Charge 3 Did Indeed Reset its Paired Devices List
Next, power on the speaker again, as explained in step 1 above. In short, press and release the Power button, as shown next.
Now this time, after device reset, our speaker almost instantly comes up in Bluetooth discovery mode, as shown next. We did not have to press the Bluetooth button first, as after a reset, the speaker automatically enters Bluetooth pairing mode.
Note that the Power button blinks blue to show that it is in BT discovery mode. When this button blinks blue or shows as solid white, the speaker is not currently paired. Indeed we expect it not to pair to anything once the paired devices list has been emptied.
5. Done with JBL Charge 3 Reset Paired Devices Instructions !
The speaker paired devices reset is now done. You may now pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
Note that to restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, you’ll need to forget the previously paired speaker listed in the Bluetooth devices section of your source device settings. Once that’s done, you can manually pair the speaker with that device again if so desired. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing with automatically take place once more.
Related Posts to JBL Charge 3 Reset Paired Devices Instructions
- How to Factory Reset Google Home Original Speaker
- How to Factory Reset a JBL Speaker
- JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker How to Factory Reset
- How to Factory Reset Amazon Smart Plug
- How to Factory Reset Netgear WiFi Extender
Other Posts About these JBL Charge 3 Reset Paired Devices Instructions
- Pairing JBL Charge 3 with Google Home Instructions
- JBL Charge 3 Low Frequency Mode, How to Switch It
- How to Run JBL Charge 3 Firmware Check
- JBL Charge 3 Speaker Review, Features, Specs
- Updating Firmware on JBL Charge 3, How To
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Charge 3 Speaker
- JBL Charge 3 Buttons Guide, What Each Button Does
- Specs for the JBL Charge 3 Power Bank Speaker
- JBL Charge 3 Reset Button, Where It Is Located
- How to Tell if JBL Charge 3 is Charging
- JBL Charge 3 Charger Adapter Specs
- Finding JBL Charge 3 Firmware Version
- JBL Charge 3 Picture Gallery for this Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Recharge Charge 3 Speaker
- JBL Charge 3 Charging Instructions, How to Recharge
- Pairing Victor Reader Trek with JBL Charge 3, How To
- JBL Charge 3 Firmware Update Instructions
- Pairing JBL Charge 3 with Amazon Alexa Echo Dot
- JBL Charge 3 Google Home Pairing Instructions
- Charge 3 JBL Speaker Change Name, How to Rename It
- JBL Charge 3 How to Pair with iOS Devices
References for JBL Charge 3 Reset Paired Devices Instructions
- “How do I completely factory reset my Charge 3? I need to remove the updates it has on it.” from BestBuy.com
- TIL how to reset a JBL Charge Bluetooth Speaker? on Reddit.com
- 2020-11-20: First published.