This post gives JBL Charge 5 pairing instructions, for BT source devices like the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad line of Apple phones and tablets. Moreover, a routine with some small variation also works for Android phones and tablets.
JBL Charge 5 Pairing Instructions, Step by Step
With your Charge 5 JBL speaker switched off (power button is not glowing), run through this routine to pair it to your mobile device. We run with an iPad Air tablet for this demo.
1. Find your Way to the Home Screen on your Tablet or Phone
Press the Home button to uncover the mobile device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of our Home screen.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Tap the Settings app icon.
The source device then displays the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to Bluetooth Settings to Continue with JBL Charge 5 Pairing
Our Bluetooth Settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is active here. But since this speaker is currently turned OFF, it does not show up in the Bluetooth Devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this speaker with this iPad Air before. See this as shown in this list of previously paired Bluetooth devices, shown next.
5. Turn On your JBL Charge 5 Wireless Speaker
Switch on the 5 by quickly pressing its Power button. See this pointed at by the green arrow in the next picture.
The speaker then boots and comes on.
But since our iPad does not know about this particular speaker, it will not pair with it automatically.
The light in the Power switch then comes on white. Furthermore, this glowing Power button denotes this not-paired state as shown next.
6. Put your Speaker into Pairing-Discovery Mode
Now, to see your JBL Charge 5 on your source device, put the speaker into discovery mode. To do that, press and release the Pairing button, as shown in the next picture.
When you press the Bluetooth Pairing button, the speaker makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Also, that same button starts flashing white. See this next,
7. Find your JBL Charge 5 on your Source BT Device
See the screen shot next. We found our speaker, as pointed at by the green arrow, as shown next.
8. Pair with your JBL Charge 5
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth devices list, shown above.
Your mobile device then pairs with the speaker (“JBL Charge 5” in this demo).
The device’s Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to look something like the following.
Note that the JBL Charge 5 now shows as connected, as pointed at by the green arrows in the last picture.
9. Done with JBL Charge 5 Pairing Instructions !
At last we have successfully paired this portable speaker with our iPadOS device. Again, this procedure also applies when pairing with Apple iPhone and iPod devices, although the screen faces may differ slightly on the iPhone.
Related Posts to JBL Charge 5 Pairing
- JBL Charge 4 Pairing Instructions
- Sony SRS XB33 Pairing Instructions
- Sony SRS XB20 Pairing Instructions
- Logitech Wonderboom Speaker Pairing Instructions
- JBL Go 2 Pairing Instructions
Other Posts About the JBL Charge 5 Wireless BT Speaker
- JBL Charge 5 Hard Reset Instructions
- How to Turn On JBL Charge 5 Bass Mode
- How to Tell if JBL Charge 5 is Charging
- JBL Charge 5 Software Update Instructions
- How Long Does it Take for the JBL Charge 5 to Fully Charge ?
References for JBL Charge 5 Pairing Instructions
- 2022-07-21: First published.