The Charge 5 JBL speaker sounds HUGE, and plays strong enough to saturate outside parties with ponderous sounding response. Thus, as we find in the JBL Charge 5 specs below, it offers substantially more bass output than models in the JBL Flip family. So this is a certain advance from Flip.
Plus, even when playing at max volume, the built-in lithium polymer battery lasts up to twenty hours per recharge.
Furthermore, in our view the most interesting feature is that you can charge your smart phone, tablet, or other mobile device right from this speaker’s 7500 milliamp hour battery.
But while we only got a twenty-five percent raise in our iPad Air’s battery percentage before the storage cells in this speaker went dead, this was enough to save the current task on the tablet. Indeed, it’s nice having the emergency bank of power along for the ride when you carry around the JBL Charge 5 Bluetooth speaker.
JBL Charge 5 Specs, Specifications
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 223 x 96.5 x 94 (mm).
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 8.7 x 3.76 x 3.67 (inches).
- Next the weight is: 960 grams, 2.11 pounds.
- Battery type: Lithium-ion polymer, 7500 MaH, 27 Wh.
- The battery charge time: 4.0 hours @ 5V 3A.
- AC Adapter (recommended): 5 volts, 3 amps, USB-C.
- USB Charge Output: 5 volts, 2.0 amps MAX.
- Bluetooth Transmitter Frequency Range: 2.40 – 2.4835 GHz.
- The Bluetooth® Transmitter Power: ≤20dBm (EIRP).
- Bluetooth® Transmitter Modulation: GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK.
- The Bluetooth® version: 5.1.
- Music playing time: Up to 20 hours (varies by volume level and audio content).
- Bluetooth® Profile: A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6.
- Transducer: 1 X : 50 x 90mm (mono).
- Audio output power: 30 watts RMS.
- Frequency response: 60 Hz. – 20 kHz.
- Signal-to-noise ratio: ≥ 80dB.
- Case design: Waterproof to IPX7 standards when the charge port door is closed tightly.
Finally, as you might see here, and as you’ll definitely hear should you listen to the JBL Charge 5, this speaker is a top notch standalone mono audio performer for its size.
JBL Charge 5 Features
- Firstly, the built in power bank can recharge smaller smart phones and tablets as long as you provide a suitable USB cable.
- USB power output that supports this device charging.
- Additionally, this unit supports the Connect Plus protocol to join up to over a hundred compatible JBL speakers such that they all play the same program.
- 20 hours play time per recharge.
- Plus, connect up to two smart devices so they can take turns streaming to this speaker.
- Monophonic (not stereo) output, unless you pair this with another Charge 4 in a stereo pair.
- Waterproof IP67 case design.
- Rugged yet easily cleaned case.
- Finally, the two bass radiators give an even larger, bass blasting sound.
Other JBL Charg 5 Posts
References for JBL Charge 5 Specs
- 2021-08-03: First published.