We give our JBL Clip 2 speaker factory reset directions here, to return the unit to its default settings and state. This also can fix pairing and jittery stream issues between the speaker and source device.
Factory resetting restores the Clip 2 to a known-good state. Plus, this erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory, which then stops the 2 from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices afterwards. Also, you should do this to get the speaker ready or sale or re-gifting. Or, perhaps you’re not selling your speaker, but just would like to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to auto pair with.
JBL Clip 2 Factory Reset, Step by Step
1. Turn on the Speaker
Press and hold the Power button until the status lamp lights up and the guitar strum sound plays.
Find the Power button, where the last picture above shows it to be.
Then, the status light comes on, as we see next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Guitar Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound as it boots. The Clip 2 is then ready for use when this riff finishes.
Now it may or may not pair with a device, depending on whether there are any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about this speaker. But whether paired or not, factory reset works the same way, as follows.
3. Press the Volume UP and Phone Buttons Together to Continue with JBL Clip 2 Factory Reset
Find the Phone and UP Volume buttons. The Phone button is in the middle of the left side panel of the speaker, and the Volume UP button is to its left, as circled in the next picture.
The Clip 2 then runs the factory reset.
Next, within a second or two, the unit switches itself off after this very quick operation concludes. You’ll hear the falling guitar strum sounds, and see the status lamp go dark, as we see in the next picture.
4. Check that the JBL Clip 2 Factory Reset Did Indeed Work
Next, start up the Clip Two again, as we detail in step 1.
Note that after a factory reset, the speaker comes up in ready-to-pair mode, with the status lamp rapidly flashing blue.
5. Done with JBL Clip 2 Factory Reset !
The factory reset is now done. So you may gift or sell the speaker, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a factory reset, the speaker no longer automatically links with any previously paired BT device that’s in range and in Bluetooth pairing mode. Thus, to restore automatic pairing, you would first manually pair the Clip 2 with a desired device. Then after that, any time that both the Clip 2 and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and are in range of one another, pairing would automatically occur again.
Other Posts About the JBL Clip 2
- JBL Clip 2 Charging Instructions
- JBL Clip 2 Specs
- How to Solve the JBL Clip 2 Not Charging Problem
- JBL Clip 2 Firmware Update Instructions
- How to Turn On the JBL Clip 2 Wireless Speaker
Related Posts to JBL Clip 2 Factory Reset Help
- JBL Clip 3 Factory Reset Instructions
- JBL Clip 4 Factory Reset Instructions
- Sony Bluetooth Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
- JBL Flip 2 Factory Reset Tips
- Flip 6 Factory Reset Instructions for this JBL Speaker
References for How to Factory Reset JBL Clip 2
- 2022-08-11: First posted.