These JBL Clip 2 hard reset instructions show you how to set your JBL Clip 2 Bluetooth speaker back to its default settings. This routine works as we describe next.
Hard resetting restores the Clip 2 JBL speaker to default state. Hard resetting the speaker erases any previously paired BT devices from its memory. Clearing these stops the 2 from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the hard reset. Also, you might do this to make this speaker ready or sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with whenever you turn it on.
JBL Clip 2 Hard Reset Directions
1. Turn on the Clip 2
Press and hold the Power button until the status lamp lights up and the guitar strum sound plays.
Find the Power button, as we point out in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Guitar Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it boots up. Then the JBL Clip 2 is ready for use after this sound finishes. Now it may or may not pair with a device, depending on whether there are any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about the Clip. Whether paired the reset works the same way, as follows.
3. Press the Volume UP and Phone Buttons Together
Find the Phone and UP Volume buttons. The Phone button is in the middle of the left side panel of the speaker, and the Volume UP button is to its left, as circled in the next picture.
The Clip 2 then enter hard reset.
Then within a second or two, the unit powers off after this operation wraps up, the falling guitar strum sounds, and the status lamp goes dark, as we see next.
4. Check that your JBL Clip 2 Did Indeed Hard Reset
Next, power on the Clip Two again, as described in step 1 above.
Note that after a JBL Clip 2 hard reset, our speaker came up in ready-to-pair mode, with the status lamp rapidly flashing blue.
5. Done with JBL Clip 2 Hard Reset !
The hard reset is now done. So you may now gift or sell the speaker, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a hard reset, the speaker no longer automatically connects with any previously paired Bluetooth device that happens to be in range and in Bluetooth pairing mode. Thus, to restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, you would manually pair the Clip 2 with a desired device. Then after that, any time that both the Clip 2 and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing would automatically take place again.
Other Posts About the JBL Clip 2 Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Clip 2 Charging Time, How Long to Fully Charge
- How to Make JBL Clip 2 Discoverable
- Putting JBL Clip 2 in Pairing Mode
- How to Charge JBL Clip 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Clip 2 Volume Control Explained
Related Posts to JBL Clip 2 Hard Reset
- JBL Charge 5 Hard Reset Instructions
- The Boombox JBL Speaker, Hard Reset Instructions
- JBL Xtreme 2 Hard Reset Instructions
- Hard Reset Google Home Mini Instructions
- JBL Charge 4 Hard Reset Instructions
References for JBL Clip 2 Hard Reset
- 2021-08-10: First published.