This post gives JBL Clip 2 pairing instructions These work when pairing with the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad line of Apple phones, media players, and tablets. But similar techniques work for Android devices too.
JBL Clip 2 Pairing Instructions
With your JBL Clip 2 powered off (power button is dark), run through this directions to pair it to your source BT device. We’re pairing with an iPad Air tablet in this demo.
1. Get to the Home Screen on your Phone or Tablet
Press the Home button to reveal the mobile iOS device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the iOS home screen, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Tap the Settings app icon.
The device then shows the first page of its Settings page, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to Bluetooth Settings to Continue with JBL Clip 2 Pairing
Our Bluetooth settings screen displays as follows. Note that Bluetooth is enabled here. But since JBL Clip 2 speaker is powered OFF right now (is not in Bluetooth discovery mode), it does not show up in the Bluetooth Devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired our Clip 2 with this tablet before. See this as shown in this list of previously paired Bluetooth devices, shown next.
5. Turn On your JBL Clip 2 Speaker
Power up the speaker by fast pressing its Power button. See this, pointed at by the green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up, and its status lamp blinks blue. This means that it’s ready to receive a Bluetooth connection request.
But since our tablet does not know about this speaker, the Clip 2 will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put your JBL Clip 2 Bluetooth Speaker into Bluetooth Pairing Mode
Now, to see your JBL Clip 2 speaker on your iOS device, place the speaker into Bluetooth discovery mode. To do that, press and release the Bluetooth button. Find this button as shown in the next picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
When you press the Bluetooth Discovery Mode button, the Clip 2 makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Also, the status lamp changes to a fast flashing blue. See this next, as pointed at by the green arrow.
7. Find your JBL Clip 2 Speaker on your Mobile Device to Continue with JBL Clip 2 Pairing
See the screen shot next. We found our BT speaker, as pointed at by the green arrow.
8. Pair with your JBL Clip 2
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth devices list.
Your device then pairs with the Clip 2.
The tablet’s Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to look something like the following. Note the now-connected JBL Clip 2 entry, as pointed at by the green arrows in the next screenshot.
9. Done with JBL Clip 2 Pairing !
We have now successfully paired our JBL Clip 2 speaker with our tablet.
Related Posts to JBL Clip 2 Pairing
- UE Wonderboom Pairing Instructions
- JBL Clip 3 Pairing Instructions, Pairing Clip 3 JBL
- Ultimate Ears Speaker Pairing Instructions
- Google Home Bluetooth Speaker Pairing Instructions, 2017
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 to Google Home Original Mini Max Speakers, How To, Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
References for JBL Clip 2 Pairing
- 2020-04-21: Added more tags.
- 2019-03-18: First posted.