These JBL Flip 2 reset instructions show how to factory reset your JBL Flip 2 Bluetooth speaker to its default settings. We outline the hard reset procedure for this speaker below.
So, factory resetting restore this Flip 2 speaker to factory default state. Hard resetting wipes out any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops the Flip 2 from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the reset.
Also, you might reset your JBL Bluetooth speaker to prepare it for sale or re gifting, or simply, to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with.
JBL Flip 2 Reset Instructions
1. Turn on the JBL Flip 2 Portable Speaker
Press and hold the Power button until the power button lights up and the electronic blip sound plays.
The Power button appears in the next picture, pointed at by the blue arrow.
Once pressed and released, the Power button lights up, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Blip Sound
The speaker makes a quick low-to-high tone blip sound when it powers on. The JBL Flip 2 is ready for hard resetting after this short sound finishes.
It may or may not pair with a device automatically. This depends on whether there are any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about the Clip. Whether paired or not though, we’d design the hard factory reset to work the same way, as follows.
3. Press the Volume UP (+) and Phone Buttons Together
Find the Phone and UP Volume (+) buttons. The Phone button is the one shaped as, what else, a telephone receiver. The Volume UP (+) button is on the right in the following picture,
The Flip 2 then enters hard reset, as shown next.
Then after a short pause, the JBL Flip 2 turns OFF. The power lamp goes dark, and the speaker makes the power-down high-low tone blip sound.
4. Check that your JBL Flip 2 Wireless Speaker Did Indeed Hard Reset
Next, power on the Flip 2 again, as described in step 1 above.
Note that after a factory default reset, our speaker comes up in ready-to-pair mode. Note that ready-for-pairing mode is not the same as Bluetooth discovery mode. This speaker does not automatically go into discovery mode. To get that, you must press the Bluetooth button.
At any rate, once powered on, the status lamp in the Flip 2 power button lights up and glows solid white, while the speaker waits for pairing.
When the Power button slow-blinks white, the Flip 2 is not currently paired. Indeed, we expect it would not pair to anything after a hard reset, even in-range devices.
The JBL Flip 2 factory reset routine is now finished. So you may now sell or gift the speaker, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a hard factory reset, the speaker no longer automatically connects with any previously paired Bluetooth device that is in range and in Bluetooth pairing mode. Thus, to restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, you would manually pair the Flip 2 with a source device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing would automatically take place once more.
- JBL Flip 2 Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker Picture Gallery
- Clip 2 JBL Reset Instructions, How to Reset Speaker
- Pairing JBL Clip 3 with Amazon Echo Dot Speakers, How To
- JBL Charge 3 Hard Reset Instructions
- How to Hard Factory Reset JBL Clip 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker, Maybe Someday
- Alexa Factory Reset Echo Dot Instructions
- JBL Go Hard Factory Reset Instructions for JBL Go and Go 2 Speakers
- How to Hard Reset Google Home Mini Instructions
- JBL Flip 4 Reset Instructions, How to Factory Reset the JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- Hard Reset Alexa Echo Dot Instructions
- JBL Flip 2 Buttons Guide for JBL Flip 2 Bluetooth Speaker, Each Control Explored
- Factory Reset Echo Spot Instructions, How to Factory Reset
- JBL Xtreme Reset Instructions – How to Reset JBL Xtreme Speaker
- 2019-01-21: Fixed some typos and inaccuracies in the pictures.
- 2018-06-11: First published.