These JBL Flip 2 reset instructions show how to return your JBL Flip 2 Bluetooth speaker to its default out-of-box settings. We outline the reset procedure for this speaker below.
So, resetting restore this Flip 2 to factory default state. It also wipes out any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops the Flip 2 from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the reset.
Also, you might reset your JBL Bluetooth speaker to prepare it for sale or re gifting, or simply, to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with.
JBL Flip 2 Reset, Step by Step Instructions
1. Turn on the JBL Flip 2
Press and hold the Power button until that button lights up and the electronic blip sound plays.
The Power button appears in the next picture, pointed at by the blue arrow.
Once pressed and released, the Power button lights up, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Blip Sound
The speaker makes a quick low-to-high tone blip sound when it powers on. The JBL Flip 2 is ready for reset after this short sound finishes.
It may or may not pair with a device automatically because this depends on whether there are any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about this Flip. Whether paired or not though, the reset works the same way, as follows.
3. Press the Volume UP (+) and Phone Buttons Together
Find the Phone and UP Volume (+) buttons. The Phone button is the one shaped as, what else, a telephone receiver. The Volume UP (+) button is on the right in the following picture,
The Flip 2 JBL then enters reset, as shown next.
Then after a short pause, the JBL Flip 2 turns OFF. The Power lamp goes dark, and the speaker makes the power-down high-low tone blip sound.
4. Check that your JBL Flip 2 Speaker Did Indeed Reset
Next, power on the unit again, as we detail in step 1 above.
Note that after reset, the speaker comes up in Bluetooth discovery mode.
When the Bluetooth button blinks white, the JBL Flip 2 is not currently paired. Indeed, we expect it would not pair to anything after a hard reset, even in-range devices.
5. Done !
The JBL Flip 2 reset routine is now finished. So you may now sell or gift the speaker, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After reset, the speaker no longer automatically connects with any previously paired Bluetooth device that is in range and in Bluetooth pairing mode. Thus, to restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, you would manually pair the Flip 2 with a source device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing would automatically take place once more.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 2
- JBL Flip 2 Battery Life, How Long the Battery Should Last
- How to Charge JBL Flip 2 Portable Bluetooth Speakers
- JBL Flip 2 Review and Features of this Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Tell if JBL Flip 2 is Charging
- JBL Flip 2 Reset Button Location, Where to Find It
Related Posts to JBL Flip 2 Reset
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Reset Instructions
- Resetting Google Home Mini Speaker Instructions
- JBL Flip 5 Reset Instructions to Solve Many Problems
- Belkin Wireless Extender Reset Instructions
- Reset HP DeskJet 3630 Printer Instructions
References for JBL Flip 2 Reset
- 2021-08-11: Shortened the internal links and tag lists.
- 2019-03-31: Added some tags.
- 2019-01-21: Fixed some typos and inaccuracies in the pictures.
- 2018-06-11: First published.