Here we give JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth pairing instructions for iPhone iPad iPod iOS devices, including the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad Air line of Apple phones and tablets. Similar directions also work with pairing to Android devices.
JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Pairing, Step by Step
First, with your JBL Flip 3 powered off (power button is dark), run through this routine to pair it to your BT device. Furthermore, we’re using an iPad Air tablet for this demo.
1. Navigate to the Home Screen on your Source Device
Then press the Home button to reveal the mobile device’s Home screen. Shown next.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the iOS home screen on our iPad Air as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Tap the Settings app icon.
The tablet then displays the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to Bluetooth Settings to Continue with JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Pairing
Our Bluetooth settings screen displays, similar to the following.
Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since JBL Flip 3 speaker is currently powered OFF, it does not show up in the Bluetooth devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired our Flip 3 with the iPad Air before. See this as shown in this list of previously paired Bluetooth devices, shown next.
5. Turn On your JBL Flip 3 Speaker
Then. turn on the JBL Flip 3 by quickly pressing its Power button. See this circled in green, in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up.
But since our iPad does not know about this speaker, the Flip 3 will not pair with it automatically. The light that comes on in the power switch denotes this not-paired state by glowing solid white, as shown next.
6. Put your Speaker into Discovery Mode
Now, to see your JBL Flip 3 speaker on your source BT device, place the speaker into Bluetooth discovery mode. To do that, press and release the Bluetooth button, as shown in the next picture.
When you press the Discovery Mode button, the speaker makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Also, the power button changes from a white glow to flashing blue. See this next.
7. Find your JBL Flip 3 on your iOS Device to Continue with JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Pairing
See the screen shot next. We found our speaker, as pointed at by the blue arrow.
8. Pair with your JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth devices list.
Your iOS device then pairs with the Flip 3 (“Tom’s Flip 3” in this demo). The iOS device’s Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to look something like the following.
9. Done with JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Pairing !
Finally, we have now successfully paired our JBL Flip 3 wireless speaker with our iPad iOS device. Again, similar routines work with pairing iPod Touch players, iPad Pros, and any iPhones as well so long as they support Bluetooth.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 3
- JBL Flip 3 Charger Type and Replacement
- How to Factory Reset JBL Flip 3 Speaker
- JBL Flip 3 Not Charging, How to Fix
- JBL Flip 3 Red Light Stays On, How to Fix
- How to Turn Off JBL Flip 3 Wireless Speaker
Related Posts to JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Pairing
- JBL Flip 6 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Bluetooth Pairing Help for the JBL Clip 4 Speaker
- JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Pairing Directions
- Google Home Mini Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Harman Kardon Invoke Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
References for JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Pairing
- 2022-08-09: First published.