The Flip 3 Bluetooth speaker sports a row of LEDs across its top panel, as shown in the pictures below. These lamps tell battery charge and recharging status. To summarize, the JBL Flip 3 charging indicator lets you see battery charging progress. Specifically, the gauge shows how full the battery is at a given time while charging. And, for several seconds after you press any of the buttons on the speaker while operating with the charger disconnected, this gauge shows roughly how much battery juice remains.
How to Read the JBL Flip 3 Charging Indicator
1. All JBL Flip 3 Charging Indicator Lamps OFF
When you shut down the Flip 3 with no charger connected, no lamps glow, as shown next. The indicator lights also all show dark when the charger IS connected but the battery charging is complete.
See our Charging JBL Flip 3 Instructions piece for more details on connecting the USB charge cord and charger. The last picture above shows these connections and speaker recharging happening.
2. This Gauge Shows Battery Recharging Progress
There are five lamps that come on one after the other, as the charge in speaker battery builds up. See these in action in the next picture. The Flip 3 recharges when one of these lamps blinks white. Furthermore, when the battery fully discharges, the light on the far left blinks white while charging.
Then as charging continues, that lamp stops flashing, and assumes a steady white glow. At that point, the next lamp to the right starts blinking white.
Eventually, when the battery fills completely up, all five lamps glow, with the last one blinking. But when they all go out, you have successfully and fully recharged the JBL Flip 3.
Note though, that you may see the first lamp (far left) blink red. This does not mean that charging is going on. Instead, a flashing red light here shows that the speaker battery is critically low. You should recharge the Flip 3 right away when you see this.
This light only pulsates red when the battery is nearly dead and AC power has not yet been connected to the speaker. However, when you connect adequate USB power, this red flight starts blinking white. Note. This light never flashes red while charging is occurring.
3. When All Lamps Light Up Solid on the JBL Flip 3 Charging Indicator, Charging is Finished
As speaker charging continues, more and more of these battery gauge lights on the JBL Flip 3 light solid white. That is, the flashing LED blip moves further and further to the right, until that blinking reaches the last of these five lamps.
The speaker lets you know at last that battery charging is done when all but the last of the battery status lights shine solid. The last LED continues to blink for several minutes. Again, you know that charging is occurring if one of the battery charge level lamps is flashing white.
This next picture shows the speaker just prior to finishing a full charge cycle. Note that all the lamps in the battery status meter glow. But the last one, on the right, continues flashing white for a bit.
The battery recharge cycle finishes when all battery status gauge lights go out, as shown next. Thus, the battery is no longer charging when all lamps are OFF. Even with the AC charger still connected, no lamp glows when battery is full.
4. The Gauge is Also a Battery Charge Remaining Meter
When unplugged from the charger, what was the charging indicator becomes the battery charge left indicator. The more lights lit, the fuller the battery. The fewer glowing lamps, the less speaker run time left. These lamps show battery status for a small time after you power up the Flip 3. They also display it when you depress many of the buttons. To save power, these lamps go dark after a few seconds. Thus, to see the amount of battery charge level once more, just press the volume UP or DOWN buttons.
The next picture shows a JBL Flip 3, powered ON, with all five lights aglow in its battery status indicator. This means that the battery is between eighty and one hundred percent charged.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 3
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 to Google Home
- JBL Flip 3 Firmware Update Instructions
- How to Charge JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 with Victor Reader Trek
- How to Tell if JBL Flip 3 is Charging
- JBL Flip 3 Low Frequency Mode, How to Turn On
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 with iPhone. iPad, iPod, iOS
- JBL Flip 3 Specs, Specifications for this Speaker
- Flip 3 JBL Review of this Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 3 Change Name, How to Rename JBL Speaker
- Updating Firmware on JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 3 Buttons Guide, What Each Button Does
- Where is the JBL Flip 3 Reset Button Located
- Charging JBL Flip 3 Instructions for Fully Recharging
- JBL Flip 3 Reset Instructions, How to Factory Reset
- Finding JBL Flip 3 Firmware Version
- JBL Flip 3 Charging Instructions for Longest Battery Life
Related Posts to JBL Flip 3 Charging Indicator
- Charging JBL Flip 3 Instructions
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker, Turn Volume Up and Down
- JBL Flip 3 Low Frequency Mode, How to Turn On
- How to Check Wonderboom Battery Life and Level
- JBL Flip 4 Charging Indicator, How to Read to See How Full the Battery Is
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 to Google Home Original Mini Max Speakers, How To, Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Clip 2 Charger, Which USB Charger Replacement
- Updating Firmware on JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker, How To, Through JBL Connect Plus App
- JBL Flip 4 Wall Charger, Which AC Charger Works Best
- How to Check Battery on Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2
References for JBL Flip 3 Charging Indicator
- 2020-04-08: Added more tags.
- 2019-04-07: Tweaked key phrase targeting and added a few tags.
- 2018-12-28: First published.