You can adjust the bass response of the JBL Flip 3 wireless BT speaker, by turning toggling its low frequency mode. When ON, this super bass mode makes the passive bass radiators vibrate more, and adds a beefy extra low, “boomy” quality to the content playing.
How to Toggle JBL Flip 3 Low Frequency Extra Bass Mode
First off, by default, the Flip 3 has its super bass mode turned on. This adds a bit more treble as well, like switching on the Loudness control on 1970s stereo systems.
How to Turn JBL Flip 3 Extra Bass Low Frequency Mode OFF, and then ON Again
You can turn this mode off by pressing and holding in the Volume Down (-) and Bluetooth buttons for about ten seconds. Hold until all the lamps on the top panel light up white, as shown in the next picture. Find these buttons near the top of the speaker, as shown in the picture above.
To turn low frequency mode back on, again, press and hold the Volume Down and Bluetooth buttons in until the Power and Connect+ lamps light up again. Next, release the buttons when you see that.
Finally, low frequency mode is ON once again. Further, if you had been paired with a BT device, the Power button turns blue again after a few seconds. Also, if you hadn’t connected this speaker with others via Connect Plus, the Connect+ button then goes dark.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 3
- Updating Firmware on JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 3 Buttons Guide, What Each Button Does
- Where is the JBL Flip 3 Reset Button Located
- Charging JBL Flip 3 Instructions for Fully Recharging
- JBL Flip 3 Reset Instructions, How to Factory Reset
Related Posts to JBL Flip 3 Low Frequency Mode
- JBL Charge 3 Low Frequency Mode, How to Switch It
- Flip 4 Low Frequency Mode, How to Turn On
- JBL Charge 4 Low Frequency Mode, How to Turn On
- JBL Go 3 Low Frequency Mode, Extra Bass
- Flip 5 JBL Speaker Low Frequency Mode, Extra Bass
References for JBL Flip 3 Extra Bass Mode
- 2020-04-29: First published.