These hard reset JBL Flip 4 reset instructions show how to restore your speaker to its out-of-the-box state. Hard resetting deletes any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Thus, clearing the memory stops the Flip 4 from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the reset. Also, you might hard reset your speaker to get it ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with.
JBL Flip 4 Hard Reset, Step by Step Routine
1. Turn on the JBL Flip 4
Press and hold the Power button until it lights up.
Find the Power button, as we show in the last picture above.
Then, that same button lights up along with the battery gauge scale, as we see next. In our case, since we’ve paired the speaker with BT devices before this, it does not enter Bluetooth discovery mode. We can tell this because the Power button is glows solid gray, rather than blinking blue.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it finishes booting. And, it’s ready for use after this sound ends.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together
See the next picture to find the Play-Pause and UP Volume buttons.
The Flip 4 then enters hard reset, as shown in the next picture. Note that both the Bluetooth and Power buttons light up gray white for a couple seconds. Shown next.
Then after a short pause, the speaker shuts off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound.
4. Check that your JBL Flip 4 Did Indeed Hard Reset
Next, power on the speaker again, as we outline in step 1 above.
Now this time, after hard reset, the Flip 4 comes up in Bluetooth pairing mode, as shown next. Note that the Power button blinks blue to signal this. When this button blinks blue or shows as solid white, Flip 4 pairing has not yet happened. This is as it should be. Indeed, we expect it to pair to nothing after a hard reset.
5. Done with JBL Flip 4 Hard Reset !
The hard reset is now complete. So you may now wrap the speaker up for sale, or pair it again with your favorite BT devices. Remember though that the Flip 4 will no longer automatically connect with any previously paired Bluetooth device that is in range and in Bluetooth pairing mode. But if you want this again, then set up automatic Bluetooth pairing once more. E.g. You must manually pair this speaker with some device. Then after that, any time that both the Flip and that device have Bluetooth enabled, pairing with take place once more, without you having to do anything.
Related Posts to JBL Flip 4 Hard Reset
- JBL Flip 3 Hard Reset Instructions
- Flip 2 BT Speaker Hard Reset Instructions
- JBL Clip 3 Hard Reset Instructions
- JBL Clip 2 Hard Reset Instructions
- Charge 5 Bluetooth Speaker, Hard Reset Instructions
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Make JBL Flip 4 Discoverable
- How to Put JBL Flip 4 in Pairing Mode
- JBL Flip 4 Charge Time, How Long for Full Charging
- The JBL Flip 4 Speaker Won’t Turn On Unless Plugged In, How to Fix
- JBL Flip 4 Battery Life, How Long the Battery Lasts
- 2021-08-11: First published.