The JBL Flip 4 stereo Bluetooth speaker has several buttons and lamps across its top and side panels, including the Infinity button. Here, we describe the function of this button, how and when to use it, and what it does, This control allows you to sync from two to over a hundred JBL speakers together, such that they all play the same program. Thus, you can fill a much larger party area with sound than you could with just one speaker. And, since the speakers can be tens of feet apart, the area you can cover with several or more speakers is large enough for most small to medium sized parties.
JBL Flip 4 Infinity Button Explained
Use the Infinity button to connect two or more JBL Connect+ compatible speakers together, in “party mode”. When linked like this, they all play the same program without any delays or echoes. Infinity mode (a.k.a. Connect+ mode) resembles Amazon’s multi room music groups on their Alexa speakers. I.e. All speakers that join up play the same audio at the same time.
With each speaker turned on, you press the Infinity button on each JBL speaker you wish to add to the Connect+ group.
The Infinity button on the JBL Flip 4 is a circular depression on the top panel with the infinity symbol embossed on its front. Thus its name, as shown in the next picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
How to Use the Infinity Button on the JBL Flip 4 Speaker
Note that you can mix and match any combination of JBL speakers in this joined group, so long as they support the Connect+ protocol. Most speakers from the Flip, Charge, Xtreme, and Boombox series models will work together as described next.
- Place all speakers within a few feet of each other.
- Power up and pair the first (master) speaker to your Bluetooth source device.
- Next, power up each additional (slave) BT speaker that you wish to join with the master.
- Press and release the Infinity button on the master speaker. That button should then light up.
- Then press and release the Infinity button on each slave speaker in turn. Again, this button will illuminate on each speaker.
- Now when you play something on your Bluetooth source device, you will hear it on all connected speakers.
- Finally, you can dissolve the connection between the speakers by pressing and releasing the Infinity button on the “master” speaker.
Related Posts to JBL Flip 4 Infinity Button
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 4
- JBL Flip 4 Picture Gallery for this Portable Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 Change Name, How to Rename This Speaker
- How to Connect iPhone to JBL Flip 4
- JBL Flip 4 Specs, Specifications for this Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 Reset Instructions, Solves Many Problems
- 2020-11-22: First published.