These JBL Flip 4 reset Bluetooth instructions show you how to reset your JBL Flip 4 speaker to its default settings. Resetting restores this speaker to factory default state. It also clears any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Erasing these stops the Flip 4 from pairing to any nearby wireless devices after the reset. Also, you might reset this speaker to get it ready for sale or regifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with.
JBL Flip 4 Reset Bluetooth Instructions
1. Turn on the JBL Flip 4 Speaker
Press and hold the Power button until it lights up.
Find the Power button, as we see in the last picture above.
Then, the Power button lights up along with the battery power scale, as the next picture shows. In our case, since we’ve paired the speaker with Bluetooth devices before this, it does not enter pairing mode. We know that because the Power button glows solid gray, rather than flashing blue.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it boots. Then after that, the speaker is ready for Bluetooth reset.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together to Continue with JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Reset
See the next picture to find the Pause and UP Volume buttons.
The Flip 4 then enters reset, as the next picture depicts. Note that both the Bluetooth and Power buttons light up gray white for a couple seconds. Shown next.
Then after a brief delay, the JBL Flip 4 turns off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound.
4. Check that Bluetooth Reset on the JBL Flip 4 Did Indeed Occur
Next, power on the Flip 4 again, as described in step 1 above.
Now this time, afterwards, our speaker comes up in discovery mode, as shown next. Note that the Power button flashes blue to show this. Note that when the Power button blinks blue or shows as solid white, the Flip 4 is not currently paired. Indeed we expect it not to pair to anything after a Bluetooth reset.
5. Done with JBL Flip 4 Reset Bluetooth Instructions !
The Bluetooth reset is now complete. You may now pack it up for sale, or pair it again with your favorite wireless devices. The Flip 4 will no longer automatically sync with any previously paired device that is in range and in Bluetooth pairing mode. To restore automatic pairing, you first manually pair the Flip 4 with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing with automatically take place once more.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 4 Wireless Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 Red Light Stays On, Won’t Turn Off
- JBL Flip 4 Speaker Picture Gallery
- Updating Firmware on the JBL Flip 4 Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 Name Change Instructions
- Finding JBL Flip 4 Firmware Version
- JBL Flip 5 Reset Bluetooth Instructions
- JBL Charge 3 Reset Bluetooth Instructions
- How to Reset Sony SRS XB43 Bluetooth Speaker
- Sony Bluetooth Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
- How to Reset JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth Speaker
References for JBL Flip 4 Reset Bluetooth Instructions
- How to Reset Bluetooth on the JBL Flip 4 Wireless Speaker, on YouTube
- JBL Flip 4 Portable BT Speakers, on JBL.com
- 2022-07-28: First published.