The Flip 5 Bluetooth speaker has a group of LEDs behind a translucent white bar on its top panel, as shown in the pictures that follow. These display battery status whether it’s draining or charging. I.e. The Flip 5 JBL battery indicator lets you see charging progress, or how full the battery is at a given time while charging. It also tells you how much “juice” the battery has left when disconnected from the charger, and discharging.
How to Read the JBL Flip 5 Battery Indicator Lights
1. All Lamps OFF in the Battery Indicator
When you power down the Flip 5 with no charger connected, no lamps light up, as shown next. The lamps also all show dark when the charger IS connected but the battery finished charging to full. The battery indicator is just to the left of where the USB-C charging cable plugs into the speaker.
2. JBL Flip 5 Battery Indicator Shows Battery Recharging Progress
There are five lamps inside the speaker, that illuminate the battery meter bar. These light in succession as the speaker charging fills the battery, as shown in the next picture. The Flip 5 charges when you see part of the bar blinking white. When the battery fully discharges, the far left edge of the bar blinks white while charging. Then as charging continues, more of the bar lights up, and flashing end of the bar moves to the right.
Note though, that you may see the leftmost part of the indicator bar blink red. This does not mean that charging is proceeding. Instead, it means that the speaker battery is critically low and should be recharged immediately. It only flashes red like this when the battery is nearly dead and AC power has not yet been connected. When you apply adequate USB-C power, this red flashing light begins blinking white. Remember. This light never flashes red while charging is happening.
3. When All Lamps Light Up Solid, Charging is Finished
As speaker charging continues, more and more of the lamps on the JBL Flip 4 charging indicator light up solid, That is, the flashing LED moves further and further to the right, until that blinking reaches the last of these five lamps.
Battery charging is done when all but the last of the battery status lights light solid. The last one continues to blink for several minutes. Again, you know that charging is occurring if one of the battery charge level lamps is flashing white.
This next picture shows the speaker during charge cycle. Note that part of the indicator is dark (left most portion). This lets you know approximately how much more the battery must charge before reaching fullness.
The battery recharge cycle finishes when all battery status gauge lights turn off, as shown next. Thus, the battery is no longer charging when all lamps are OFF. Even with the AC charger still connected, no lamp glows when battery is full.
4. The JBL Flip 5 Charging Indicator Also a Battery Charge Remaining Meter
When unplugged from the charger, what was the charging indicator becomes the battery charge left indicator. The more lights lit, the fuller the battery. The fewer glowing lamps, the less speaker run time left. These lamps show battery status for a brief time after you power up the Flip 5, or whenever you press any of the buttons. To save power, these lamps go dark after some seconds. So to see the battery charge remaining indication once more, just press the volume UP or DOWN buttons to bring the lamps back to life.
The next picture shows a JBL Flip 5, powered ON, with the entire battery indicator bar aglow, meaning that the battery is between eighty and one hundred percent full.
Related Posts to JBL Flip 5 Battery Indicator
- How to Check Battery on Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2
- Checking Wonderboom Battery Life and Level
- How to Check Battery on Ultimate Ears Wonderboom
- JBL Charge 3 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 5 Portable Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Buttons Explained, Codes, Meaning, Functions
- JBL Flip 5 Specs, Bluetooth Speaker Specifications
- How to Pair JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- How to Rename JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Charging Recharging Instructions
- How to Connect JBL Flip 5 to iPhone
- JBL Flip 5 Review of this Bluetooth PartyBoost Speaker
- How to Hard Reset JBL Flip 5 Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Speaker Restart Instructions
- Connecting JBL Flip 5 to Alexa
- JBL Flip 5 Charge Time, How Long for Full Charging
- JBL Flip 5 Battery Life, How Long the Battery Should Last
References for JBL Flip 5 Battery Indicator
- 2020-08-12: First published.