This post offers JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth pairing instructions that apply mainly to iOS devices, such as the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad Air line of Apple phones and tablets. But slight variations of these also work when pairing this Bluetooth speaker with Android devices.
JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions, Step by Step
With your JBL Flip 5 powered off (power button is dark), run through this routine to Bluetooth it to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch iOS mobile device. We’re using an iPad Air tablet in this example.
1. Bring Up the Home Screen on your Source Bluetooth Tablet or Phone
First, press the Home button to reveal the mobile device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen on our iPad Air, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, tap the Settings app icon.
The iPad then displays the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to Bluetooth Settings to Continue with JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Pairing
Our Bluetooth settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since Flip 5 JBL speaker is currently switched OFF, it does not show up in the Bluetooth devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired our speaker with this iPad before. See this as shown in this list of previously paired Bluetooth devices, shown next.
5. Turn On your JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
Turn on this speaker by quickly pressing its Power button. See this circled in green, in the next picture.
The unit then powers up.
But since our iPad does not know about this speaker, the Flip 5 does not Bluetooth pair with it automatically. The speaker denotes this not-paired state by leaving the Bluetooth lamp dark, as shown in the last picture.
6. Put the Speaker into Bluetooth Pairing Mode
Now, to see your JBL Flip 4 speaker on your iOS device, place the speaker into Bluetooth discovery mode. To do that, press and release the Bluetooth button, as shown in the next picture.
When you press this Pairing Mode button, the speaker makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Also, the Bluetooth buttons starts flashing white.
7. Find your Speaker on your Source Device to Continue with JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Pairing
See the screen shot next. We found our speaker, as pointed at by the purple arrow.
8. Pair with your JBL Flip 5
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth devices list.
Our iOS device then pairs with the JBL Flip 5 (“Tom’s Flip 5” in this demo).
Our iOS device’s Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to look something like the following.
9. Done with JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Pairing !
Finally, we have now successfully paired our JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth speaker with our mobile device.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Charge Time, How Long for Full Charging
- How to Connect JBL Flip 5 to iPhone
- JBL Flip 5 Review of this Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Rename JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Speaker Restart Instructions
Related Posts to JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Pairing
- JBL Speaker Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Clip 2 JBL Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Google Home Mini Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Flip 4 Alexa Pairing Bluetooth Speaker Instructions
References for JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Pairing
- 2020-08-10: First released.