The JBL Flip 5 waterproof speaker has several buttons and lamps across its top and side panels, and these include the Infinity button. Here, we explain the function of the Infinity button, what it does, and how to use it. In summary, this switch lets you join from two to over a hundred JBL speakers together, such that they all play the same program content. Thus, you can fill a much bigger party area with sound than you can by playing just one speaker. Further, since the speakers can be as far apart as is typical for Bluetooth speakers, the area you can cover with them is large enough for most small to medium sized parties.
JBL Flip 5 Infinity Button Explained
Use the Infinity button to connect two or more JBL PartyBoost compatible speakers together, in “party mode”. Thus, when linked in this way, they all play the same program without any echoes or delays. This group play mode resembles Amazon’s multi room music groups. That is, all speakers that join in play the same audio at the same time.
Then, with each speaker powered on, you press the Infinity button on each JBL speaker you wish to add to the group.
The Infinity button on the JBL Flip 5 appears like an infinity symbol, thus its name, as we see in the next picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
How to Use the Infinity Button on the JBL Flip 5 Speaker
Note that you can mix and match any combination of JBL speakers in this joined group, so long as they support the PartyBoost protocol. Most speakers from the Flip, Charge, Xtreme, and Boombox series models will work together as described next.
- Place all speakers within a few feet of each other.
- Power up and pair the first (master) speaker to your Bluetooth source device.
- Next, power up each additional (slave) BT speaker that you wish to join with the master.
- Press and release the Infinity button on the master speaker. The oval ring around the Power and Bluetooth buttons should then light up as well as the speaker playing a rising guitar strum.
- Then press and release the Infinity button on each slave speaker in turn. Again, this button / oval ring will illuminate on each speaker.
- Now when you play something on your source device, you will hear it on all connected speakers.
- Finally, you can stop the connection between the speakers by pressing and releasing the Infinity button on the “master” speaker. You can also remove individual slave speakers from the group by simply turning off the speaker you want to stop playing.
Related Posts to JBL Flip 5 Infinity Button
- JBL Go Buttons Guide, What Each Button Does on Go and Go 2 Speakers
- Instant Pot Buttons, Smart WiFi, By Column
- Echo Dot 3 Buttons and Ports Guide, Layout, Purpose, How to Use
- JBL Xtreme Buttons Meanings, Button Combinations
- Flip 2 Buttons Guide for this JBL Bluetooth Speaker, Each Control Discussed
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 5
- JBL Flip 5 Specs, Bluetooth Speaker Specifications
- How to Factory Reset JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Charger Type, Replacement
- How to Reset JBL Flip 5 Speaker, Reset Bluetooth
- JBL Flip 5 Battery Life, How Long the Battery Should Last
- 2020-11-22: First published.