You can adjust the lower frequency response of the JBL Flip 5 portable speaker by turning on and off its low frequency mode (LFM). So when this mode is ON, it makes the passive bass radiators move a lot more. Thus, LFM adds a hefty big-speaker quality to the content playing.
How to Switch JBL Flip 5 Low Frequency Mode OFF and ON
Now by default, the Flip 5 has its low frequency mode turned ON. So in addition to the bass, this adds a bit of extra treble as well, to the sound. Thus, it’s like like switching on the Loudness control on older stereo systems.
How to Turn JBL Flip 5 Low Frequency Mode OFF, and then ON Again
You can turn LFM OFF by pressing and holding in the Volume Down (-) and Bluetooth buttons for about ten seconds. Further, hold them in until the oval that surrounds the Power and Bluetooth buttons lights up white, as shown in the next picture. Find the Bluetooth button on the front panel island inside that oval, and the Volume Down button on the top of the speaker, as shown in the picture above.
Then, to turn low frequency mode back on, again, press and hold the Volume Down and Bluetooth buttons in until the Power and Bluetooth buttons, along with the oval ring, lights up again. Release the buttons when you see that.
Next, after a short pause, when the button lamps return to their prior states, extra bass mode is activated once again. Now if you had been paired with a BT device, the Bluetooth button lights up solid white again.
Related Posts to JBL Flip 5 Low Frequency Mode
- JBL Charge 3 Low Frequency Mode Explained
- Xtreme 2 JBL Low Frequency Mode Explained
- JBL Charge 4 Extra Bass Mode, Low Frequency Mode
- Xtreme JBL Low Frequency Mode Explained
- JBL Flip 3 Low Frequency Mode, How to Turn On
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 5 Portable Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Specs, Bluetooth Speaker Specifications
- How to Charge JBL Flip 5 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- How to Put JBL Flip 5 in Pairing Mode
- JBL Flip 5 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator Lights
References for JBL Flip 5 Low Frequency Extra Bass Mode
- 2020-08-17: First published.