The JBL Flip 5 waterproof speaker has several buttons and lamps across its top and side panels, which include the PartyBoost button. Here, we explain the function of this control, what it does, and how to use it. In summary, PartyBoost lets you join from two to over a hundred JBL speakers together, such that they all play the same program content. Thus, you can fill a much bigger party area with sound than you can by playing just one speaker. Further, since the speakers can be as far apart as is typical for Bluetooth speakers, the area you can cover with them is large enough for most small to medium sized parties.
JBL Flip 5 PartyBoost Button Explained
Use the PartyBoost button to connect two or more JBL Connect+ compatible speakers together, in “party mode”. Thus, when synced in this way, they all play the same program without any echoes or delays. PartyBoost mode resembles Amazon’s multi room music groups. That is, all speakers that join in play the same audio at the same time.
Then, with each speaker switched on, you press the PartyBoost button on each JBL speaker you wish to add to the group.
The PartyBoost button on the JBL Flip 5 looks like an infinity symbol, thus its name, as we see in the next picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
How to Use the PartyBoost Button on the JBL Flip 5 Speaker
Note that you can mix and match any combination of JBL speakers in this joined group, so long as they support the Connect+ protocol. Most speakers from the Flip, Charge, Xtreme, and Boombox series models will work together as described next.
- Place all speakers within a few feet of each other.
- Power up and pair the first (master) speaker to your Bluetooth source device.
- Next, power up each additional (slave) BT speaker that you wish to join with the master.
- Press and release the PartyBoost button on the master speaker. The over border around the Power and Bluetooth buttons should then light up, and the speaker makes a rising sound.
- Then press and release the PartyBoost button on each slave speaker in turn. Again, this oval ring will light on each speaker.
- Now when you play something on your Bluetooth source device, you will hear it on all connected speakers.
- Finally, you can break the connection between the speakers by pressing and releasing the PartyBoost button on the “master” speaker. Or, to remove individual slave speakers from the group, just turn off the subject speaker(s).
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 5
- JBL Flip 5 Specifications
- How to Factory Reset the JBL Flip 5 Wireless Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Replacement Charger Type
- How to Reset Bluetooth on the JBL Flip 5 Speaker
- How Long Does the JBL Flip 5 Battery Last
- 2022-08-12: First published.