This post gives JBL Flip 6 Bluetooth pairing instructions These work when pairing with the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad line of Apple phones, media players, and tablets. However, similar procedures work for Android devices as well.
JBL Flip 6 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
With your JBL Flip 6 OFF (all lamps are dark), run through this routine to pair it to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch iOS mobile device.
We use an iPad Air tablet for this demo.
1. Get to the Home Screen on your Source Bluetooth Device
Firstly, press the Home button to reveal the mobile iOS device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the iOS home screen on our iPad Air, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, tap the Settings app icon.
The device then shows the first page of its Settings page, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to Bluetooth Settings to Continue with JBL Flip 6 Bluetooth Pairing
Our Bluetooth settings screen displays as follows. Note that Bluetooth is enabled here. But since JBL Flip 6 speaker is currently powered OFF (is not in Bluetooth discovery mode), it does not show up in the Bluetooth Devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired our Flip 6 with this tablet before. See this as shown in this list of previously paired Bluetooth devices, next.
5. Turn On your JBL Flip 6
Power up the speaker by fast pressing its Power button. See this, pointed at by the green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then turns on, and its power lamp lights and the Bluetooth lamp flashes or glows white. If blinking, this means that it’s ready to receive a Bluetooth connection request.
But since our tablet does not know about this speaker, the Flip 6 will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put your JBL Flip 6 into Bluetooth Pairing Mode
Now, to see your Flip 6 on your iOS or iPadOS device, place the speaker into discovery mode. To do that, press and release the Bluetooth button. Find this button in the last picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
When you press this button, the Flip 6 makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Also, the status lamp changes to a fast flashing white. See this next, as we point out with the green arrow.
7. Find your Speaker on your Mobile Device to Continue with JBL Flip 6 Bluetooth Pairing
See the screen shot next. We found our speaker on the screen, as pointed at by the green arrow.
8. Pair with your JBL Flip 6
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth devices list.
Your device then pairs with the Flip 6.
The tablet’s Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to look something like the following. Note the now-connected JBL Flip 6 entry, as pointed at by the green arrows in the next screenshot.
9. Done with JBL Flip 6 Bluetooth Pairing !
Finally, we have now successfully paired our Flip 6 Bluetooth speaker with our tablet.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 6 Speaker
- JBL Flip 6 Charger Type and Replacement
- How to Factory Reset a JBL Flip 6
- How to Fix the JBL Flip 6 Not Charging Problem
- JBL Flip 6 Red Light Stays On, How to Fix
Related Posts to JBL Flip 6 Bluetooth Pairing
- JBL Clip 4 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Pairing Directions
- Google Home Mini Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Harman Kardon Invoke Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Flip 2 JBL Bluetooth Pairing Help
References for JBL Flip 6 Bluetooth Pairing
- 2022-08-09: First posted.