The JBL Flip 6 speaker has several buttons and lamps across its top and side panels, and one of these the Infinity button. Here, we explain the function of this button, what it does, and how to use it. In summary, this control lets you join from two to over a hundred PartyBoost compatible JBL speakers together, such that they all play the same program content. Thus, you can fill a much bigger party area with sound than you can by playing just one speaker. Further, since the speakers can be as far apart as is typical for Bluetooth speakers, the area you can cover with them is large enough for most small to medium sized parties.
JBL Flip 6 Infinity Button Details
Use the Infinity button to connect two or more JBL PartyBoost compatible speakers together, in “party mode”. Thus, when synced in this way, they all play the same program without any echos or delays. Infinity mode is like Amazon’s multi room music groups. That is, all speakers that join in play the same audio at the same time.
Then, with each speaker powered on, you press the Infinity button on each JBL speaker you wish to add to the group.
The Infinity button on the JBL Flip 6 is shaped like an infinity symbol, thus its name, as shown in the next picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
How to Use the Infinity Button on the JBL Flip 6 Speaker
Note that you can mix and match any combination of JBL speakers in this joined group, so long as they support the PartyBoost protocol. Most of the latest speakers from the Flip, Charge, Xtreme, and Boombox series models will work together as we descrobe next.
- Place all speakers within a few feet of each other.
- Power up and pair the first (master) speaker to your Bluetooth source device.
- Next, power up each additional (slave) BT speaker that you wish to join with the master.
- Press and release the Infinity button on the master speaker. The oval ring around the buttons on Flip 6 speakers should then light up.
- Then press and release the Infinity button on each slave speaker in turn. Again, this button or oval ring will illuminate on each speaker, depending on speaker model.
- Now when you play something on your Bluetooth source device, you will hear it on all linked speakers.
- Finally, you can dissolve the connection between the speakers by pressing and releasing the Infinity button on the “master” speaker.
Related Posts to JBL Flip 6 Infinity Button
- JBL Charge 4 Infinity Button Explained
- JBL Charge 5 Infinity Button Explained
- Infinity Button on JBL Boombox Explained
- JBL Xtreme 2 Infinity Button Explained
- JBL Xtreme Infinity Button Explained
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 6
- JBL Flip 6 Pairing Instructions
- How to Factory Reset a JBL Flip 6
- How to Fix the JBL Flip 6 Not Charging Problem
- JBL Flip 6 Charger Type and Replacement
- JBL Flip 6 Red Light Stays On, How to Fix
- 2022-08-12: First published.