This post gives a JBL Flip 6 pairing routine. This works when pairing with the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad line of Apple phones, media players, and tablets. However, a similar procedure applies to Android devices too.
JBL Flip 6 Pairing, Step by Step
With your JBL Flip 6 OFF (all lamps are dark), run through this routine to pair it to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch iOS mobile device.
We use an iPad Air tablet for this demo.
1. Get to the Home Screen on your Source Device
Firstly, press the Home button to reveal the mobile device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the iPadOS home screen on our iPad Air, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, tap the Settings app icon.
The device then shows the first page of its Settings page, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to Bluetooth Settings to Continue with JBL Flip 6 Pairing
Our BT settings screen displays as follows. Note that Bluetooth is ON here. But since our Flip 6 is currently powered OFF (and so, cannot be in discovery mode), it does not show up in the Bluetooth Devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this speaker with this tablet before. See this as shown in this list of previously paired Bluetooth devices, next.
5. Turn On your JBL Flip 6
Power up the speaker by fast pressing its Power button. See this, pointed at by the green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then turns on, and its power lamp lights and the Pairing lamp flashes or glows white. If blinking, this means that the speaker is ready to receive a connection request.
But since our tablet does not know about this speaker, the Flip 6 will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put your JBL Flip 6 into Pairing Mode
Now, to see your Flip 6 on your iOS or iPadOS device, place the speaker into pairing (A.K.A. discovery) mode. To do that, press and release the Pairing button. Find this button in the last picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
When you press this control, the Flip 6 plays a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Also, the status lamp changes to a fast flashing white. See this next, as we point out with the green arrow.
7. Find your Speaker on your Mobile Device to Continue with JBL Flip 6 Pairing
See the screen shot next. We found our speaker on the screen, as pointed at by the green arrow.
8. Pair with your JBL Flip 6
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the devices list.
Your source device then pairs with the Flip 6.
The tablet’s Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to look something like the following. Note the now-connected JBL Flip 6 entry, as we point out with the green arrows in the next screenshot.
9. Done with JBL Flip 6 Pairing !
Finally, we have now successfully paired our Flip 6 wireless speaker with our tablet.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 6 Speaker
- How to Factory Reset a JBL Flip 6
- How to Fix the JBL Flip 6 Not Charging Problem
- JBL Flip 6 Charger Type and Replacement
- JBL Flip 6 Red Light Stays On, How to Fix
Related Posts to JBL Flip 6 Pairing
- Sony SRS XG500 Pairing Tips
- JBL Flip 2 Speaker Pairing Help
- JBL Flip 5 BT Speaker Pairing Guide
- Sony SRS XB23 Pairing Instructions
- Sony SRS XB22 Pairing Directions
References for JBL Flip 6 Pairing
- 2022-08-12: First posted.