Gives JBL Go 2 Pairing Instructions that work with iOS devices such as iPhone iPod iPad tablets. Begin with your Go 2 OFF (dark front panel LED). Then, follow these instructions to pair your Bluetooth speaker to said devices. We demonstrate thus here with an iPad Air tablet. But the BT connection details are roughly the same for other iOS and Android based devices, although the pairing screens may appear different across the various device versions.
JBL Go 2 Pairing Instructions
1. Visit the Home Screen on your Device
Press the Home button to get to the Home page. See our Home screen as pictured next.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen on our iPad Air tablet.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Tap the Settings app icon.
The source device then displays the first page of its Settings screen, as shown in the next screenshot
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with JBL Go 2 Pairing
Tap the Bluetooth item, as pointed at by the dark green arrow in the last screenshot above.
Our Bluetooth Settings screen the appears as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is switched ON here. But since the Go Two JBL speaker is currently OFF, it does not show in either the My Devices or Other Devices lists on the tablet yet, Why? Because we’ve never paired it with this device prior. Plus, the speaker is not yet broadcasting its connection information. See this situation, as shown next.
Note in this picture that there’s no JBL Go 2 listed yet.
5. Turn On your JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
Turn on this speaker by quickly pressing its Power button. See this button, circled in green, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on.
But since our iPad does not know about this speaker, the Go 2 will not pair with it by itself. The light that comes to life in the front grill of the speaker denotes this not-paired state by glowing blinking or solid white as seen next.
6. Put your Bluetooth JBL Speaker into Pairing Mode
Now, to see your Go Two speaker on your iOS phone or tablet, enter the start up the speaker’s Bluetooth pairing mode. To do that, press and release the Bluetooth button on the speaker, as circled in the next picture.
When you press the Pairing button, the speaker makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Plus, the front panel status lamp changes from a solid white to flashing white. See this in the last picture above.
7. Find your JBL Go 2 on your Mobile Device
See the picture next. We found ours, as circled in green.
8. Pair with your Go 2 Wireless Speaker to Continue with JBL Go 2 Pairing
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth devices list, shown above.
Your mobile device then pairs with the Go 2 JBL (appears as “JBL Go 2” in this demo).
The Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to display something like the following.
Note that the Go 2 speaker now shows as connected, as shown inside the green oval in the last picture.
9. Done with JBL Go 2 Pairing Instructions !
We have now successfully paired our JBL Go 2 Bluetooth speaker with a mobile device. Audio output from that device now plays on this wireless speaker, which presumably, is what you want. Enjoy!
Related Posts to JBL Go 2 Pairing Instructions
- How to Pair JBL Go 2 with Echo Alexa Speakers
- JBL Clip 2 Pairing Instructions, Pairing Clip 2 Speaker
- Pairing JBL Flip 2 with Google Home Original, Mini, Max Smart Speakers
- JBL Go Bluetooth Speaker Charging Instructions
- UE Roll Pairing Instructions for the Roll UE Speaker
- JBL Go Reset Button, Where It is Located
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker with iPhone iPad iPod iOS Devices, How to Pair
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Pairing Instructions
- Setting Default Voice in Windows 8 Instructions
References for JBL Go 2 Pairing Instructions
- 2020-05-22: Added more tags and optimized the text a bit.
- 2020-04-21: Added tags.
- 2019-03-18: First posted.