This post gives JBL Go 3 Bluetooth pairing instructions These work when pairing with the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad line of Apple phones, media players, and tablets. But similar procedures work for Android devices too.
JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
With your JBL Go 3 speaker powered off (power button is dark), run through this routine to pair it to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch iOS mobile device. We use an iPad Air tablet for this demo.
1. Get to the Home Screen on your Source Bluetooth Device
Firstly, press the Home button to reveal the mobile iOS device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the iOS home screen on our iPad Air, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, tap the Settings app icon.
The device then shows the first page of its Settings page, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to Bluetooth Settings to Continue with JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Pairing
Our Bluetooth settings screen displays as follows. Note that Bluetooth is enabled here. But since JBL Go 3 speaker is currently powered OFF (is not in Bluetooth discovery mode), it does not show up in the Bluetooth Devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this particular speaker with this tablet before. See this as shown in this list of previously paired Bluetooth devices, shown next.
5. Turn On your JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Speaker
Power up the Go 3 by fast pressing its Power button. See this, pointed at by the green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up, and its status lamp slowly blinks white. This means that it’s ready to receive a Bluetooth connection request.
But since our tablet does not know about this speaker, the Go 3 will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put your JBL Go 3 into Bluetooth Pairing Mode
Now, to see your Go 3 on your iOS device, place it into Bluetooth discovery mode. To do that, press and release the Bluetooth button. Find this button as shown in the next picture, pointed at by the blue arrow.
When you press the Bluetooth Discovery Mode button, the Go 3 makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Also, the status lamp changes from a slow flashing white fast flashing white.
7. Find your Speaker on your Mobile Device to Continue with JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Pairing
See the screen shot next. We found our Go 3, as pointed at by the green arrow.
8. Pair with your JBL Go 3
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth devices list.
Your device then pairs with the speaker.
The tablet’s Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to look something like the following. Note the now-connected JBL Go 3 entry, as pointed at by the green arrows in the next screenshot.
9. Done with JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Pairing !
Finally, we have now successfully paired this Bluetooth speaker with a tablet.
Other Posts About the JBL Go 3
- JBL Go 3 Reset Instructions
- JBL Go 3 Charger Type and Replacement
- Buttons Guide for the JBL Go 3 Speaker
- How to Use JBL Go 3 Low Frequency Mode
- JBL Go 3 Not Charging, How to Fix
Related Posts to JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Pairing
- Wonderboom 2 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Speaker Bluetooth Pairing Help
- Sony Speaker Bluetooth Pairing Tips
- JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Harman Kardon Invoke Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
References for JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Pairing
- 2022-08-09: First posted.