When the Power button on your JBL Go 3 personal and ultra portable speaker is not working, this likely means one or more things as follows.
- Dead Battery. The internal battery is depleted and needs a recharge for continued speaker operation. Use a commercially available USB charger to do this.
- Faulty AC Adapter. The power adapter charger is defective. So replace it with a charger that delivers 5 volts, at 1.0 amps (5 watts).
- Faulty USB-C Input Port. The DC input port for charging the speaker may be bent, cracked, corroded, or otherwise damaged. Indeed this is a typical problem that we find on this speaker. So replace this if you have the skills.
- Battery at End of Life. That battery no longer recharges due to excessive age, repeated overcharging, very long storage without recharging, storage in temperature extremes, or simply heavy use. Replace the battery in this case with one that delivers 3.8 volts at 800 milliamp hours (30.04 watt-hours).
- Dirty Button Contacts. The button panel has dirt, sand, or other debris preventing the Power button from making proper contact when you press it. For this, you can, if so skilled, clean the switches by taking apart the speaker, and blowing, brushing out, and polishing the contact area.
- The Button Panel Has Failed. The switch panel is defective, and the solution here is to replace it. These parts are often available at eBay.
- Faulty Speaker. Your speaker is broken beyond repair. If you decide that this is the case, then the best bet is just to get a new speaker.
Related Posts to JBL Go 3 Power Button Not Working
Other Posts About the JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Speaker
References for Power Button Not Working on the JBL Go 3 Portable Speaker
- 2023-01-26: First published.