Charge the JBL Go Bluetooth wireless speakers (including the Go 1 and Go 2 models) easily through their hidden USB charge ports. Here, we go through the JBL Go Bluetooth speaker charging instructions for these little poolside ready portable wireless speakers.
In sum: First, select an powerful enough USB charging adapter. Why? Because JBL does not provide a USB charger with the Go speaker standard.
Next, connect a micro USB charge cable between the the Go or Go 2 models, and that adapter. Then, plug the charger into a functioning wall outlet. At last, after a few hours, your JBL Go speaker fully recharges. Then, it can play once again for up to four hours before needing another charge.
JBL Go Bluetooth Speaker Charging Instructions
1. Choose Correctly Sized AC or Car Adapter
In this exercise, we’re charging our JBL Go with the iClever IC-TC02 24 watt dual port USB AC charger adapter, as pictured next. Please see our iClever Dual USB Wall Charger IC-TC02 Review post for more details on this excellent USB AC charger. Now the Go speakers need 5 volts at roughly 0.6 amps to recharge fully in the shortest time. So this iClever USB adapter outputs plenty enough current to juice up these wireless speakers, with lots of time left over.
2. Open the Port Cover on the JBL Go Bluetooth Speaker
Use a fingernail, dime, penny, or small screwdriver to work open the waterproof seal port cover on the JBL Go. See the closed power port door in the next picture. Be careful not to mar the delicate seal around the inside edge of the door.
Prying open this door exposes the micro USB charging port inside, as shown next, pointed at by the green arrow.
3. Power Off your Go JBL Speaker to Continue with JBL Go Bluetooth Speaker Charging Instructions
Note that the Go still charges when energized. But depending on how much above-and-beyond recharging capacity your charger delivers, The Go speaker might charge somewhat faster when turned OFF.
4. Plug in the Micro USB Cord to the JBL Go Speaker
Then, plug the small end of your micro USB charge cable into the matching micro USB port on the Go models, as seen in the next shot.
5. Plug the Other End of the USB Cable into your Charger Adapter
Next, connect the A end of the USB power cable to the power adapter. In this demo, as said earlier, we’re using an iClever 24 Watt USB AC adapter along with a much longer USB cable than the orange cord included with our Go 2.
6. Plug the USB Adapter into a Functioning Wall Receptacle to Continue with JBL Go Bluetooth Speaker Charging Instructions
Now that we connected the JBL Go and our iClever USB adapter, we then plug the RavPower into a working AC outlet, as shown next. We plugged ours into a kitchen outlet.
The status lamp lights up solid red on JBL Go speakers. And while no battery status gauge shows percentage of charge, the red lamp means that charging is occurring.
7. Let the JBL Go Charge Until the Red Light Goes Out
Full battery charging is finished when the solid red status lamp on the top front of the speaker’s grill turns off, as shown next.
8. Unplug the USB Charge Cable from the JBL Go Speaker
9. Fully Close the Waterproof USB Port Door to Continue with JBL Go Bluetooth Speaker Charging Instructions
Note that unless you snap the Go port flap securely, water may soak its USB port. And, since water and electronics generally do not mix, getting the USB charging port wet might damage the JBL Go electronics inside. So, it’s important to press the port door closed with strong enough force to adequately seat it, to get maximum water resistance.
10. Done with JBL Go Bluetooth Speaker Charging Instructions !
We have now fully charged our JBL Go portable Bluetooth speaker.
Repeat this charging every three to four hours of play, to keep its battery in top working condition for many years to come.
Related Posts to JBL Go Bluetooth Speaker Charging Instructions
- JBL Flip 3 Charging Instructions for Longest Battery Life
- UE Roll 1 Charging Instructions, How to Charge Speaker
- JBL Charge 3 Charging Instructions, How to Recharge
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Charging Instructions
- Clip 2 JBL Speaker Charging Instructions
- JBL Flip 4 Charging Instructions for Longest Play
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Charging Instructions
- JBL Charge 4 Charging Instructions, How to Recharge
- Charging UE Wonderboom Instructions, Step by Step
- JBL Flip 2 Charging Instructions, How To Recharge
- Logitech Wonderboom Charging Instructions
- JBL Clip 3 Charging Instructions, Step by Step
- Charging JBL Flip 3 Instructions for Fully Recharging
- JBL Xtreme Charging Instructions, Speaker Charging Time
Other Posts About the JBL Go Speaker
References for JBL Go Bluetooth Speaker Charging Instructions
- 2019-04-13: Shortened post URL.
- 2019-01-20: First published.