Here, we list the complete JBL Xtreme 2 speaker specs and give a partial list of this speaker’s useful features. First, these cover its physical size, weight, waterproof level rating, battery recharge time, and play time. We also give its frequency response, power output and power bank abilities. Indeed it’s obvious from reading through these specs that the JBL Xtreme 2 sounds terrific.
Secondly, it plays plenty loud, with its forty watts of total output power. Plus, that hefty driving audio offers more bass than equivalent sized models.
Moreover, even when playing at top volume, the lithium ion battery can last up to fifteen hours per charge.
But one of the most useful features, is that this unit works as a power bank as well. E.g. You can charge your cell phone, tablet, or other mobile device right from this speaker’s 10 amp hour battery. Thus, the specs by no means belie the quality JBL put into this top notch Bluetooth® powerbank speaker.
JBL Xtreme 2 Speaker Specs
- Firstly, the dimensions are: (H x W x D): 136 x 288 x 132mm.
- Dimensions: 5.35 x 11.34 x 5.2 (inches).
- Weight: 2.393 Kg.
- Weight: 5.25 Lbs.
- Secondly, the battery type is: Lithium-ion polymer, 10000 mah, 36 WaH.
- The battery charge time: 3.5 hours
- AC Adapter (included): 19 volts, 3 amps, 57 watts.
- USB Output: 5 volts at 2 amps divided up across the two output ports.
- Thirdly, the Bluetooth® transmitter frequency range is: 2.402 – 2.480 GHz.
- The Bluetooth® Transmitter Power: 0-12.5 dBm.
- Bluetooth® Transmitter Modulation: GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
- The Bluetooth® version: 4.2
- Music playing time: Up to 15 hours (varies by volume level and audio content)
- Support: A2DP V1.3, AVRCP V1.6, HFP V1.6, HSP V1.2
- Additionally, we have the transducers…
- Woofers: 2 x 70 mm, 2.75 inches.
- Tweeters: 2 x 20 mm, 0.79 inches.
- Output power: 2 x 20W
- Frequency response: 55 Hz. – 20 kHz.
- Signal-to-noise ratio: ≥ 80dB.
- Finally, the case design is: Waterproof to IPX7 standards when you close the charge port door tightly.
JBL Xtreme 2 Speaker Features
- The package includes the charger adapter, cables, and all the docs you need to start enjoying this speaker right away.
- You also get a carrying strap and built in hooks on the speaker for it.
- Then, there’s the signature JBL bass radiators on each end of the unit for pronounced yet very smooth bass.
- Easily accessed controls / buttons and ports on the top and back of the speaker.
- Dual smart phone streaming. I.e. Streaming from two different Bluetooth® source devices.
- Connect Plus / PartyBoost support for joining up to over a hundred so enabled speakers.
- Rugged waterproof case design to IPX7 standards, and dust proof as well.
- Speakerphone for hands free conversations at poolside.
- A full day’s worth of play time on a single 3.5 hour charge.
- You can pair two speakers for wider stereo imaging.
- This is a stereo speaker, that has separate drivers for the left and right audio channels. So it provides decent stereo sound even when you only have one of these.
- Battery gauge meter so you always know how much charge the speaker has left.
- AUX input.
- Two USB power outputs, including one USB-C port, for charging up to two mobile devices at the same time.
- Works great as a stand-in sound bar in your home theater.
Other Posts About the JBL Xtreme 2 Speaker
- How to Factory Reset JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth® Speaker
- JBL Xtreme 2 Hard Reset Instructions
- JBL Xtreme 2 Battery Life, How Long Battery Should Last
- Xtreme 2 Speaker by JBL, Power Button Not Working Fix
- JBL Xtreme 2 Infinity Button Explained
- JBL Go 3 Specs and Features for this Tiny Speaker
- Go 2 JBL Speaker Specs, Specifications
- JBL Charge 5 Specs and Features of this BT Speaker
- Charge 4 Speaker by JBL Specs and Features of this Party Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Specs, Bluetooth® Speaker Specifications
References for JBL Xtreme 2 Speaker Specs
- 2021-08-03: Originally published.