Here, we list the complete JBL Xtreme 3 speaker specs and give a partial list of this speaker’s most helpful features. First, these list its physical size, weight, waterproof level rating, battery recharge time, and playing time per charge. We also give its frequency response, power output and power bank capabilities. Indeed it’s plain from these details that the JBL Xtreme 3 sounds very good and does a great job at power banking besides.
Secondly, it plays plenty loud, with its fifty plus watts of total output power. Further, that hefty driving audio offers more bass than other same sized models.
Moreover, even when playing at top volume, the lithium ion battery can last up to fifteen hours per charge. Of course this depends on the sort of program you are playing. Louder recording with lots of bass will experience shorter play times before you’ll need to recharge the speaker.
But one of the most useful features, is that this unit works as a power bank as well. E.g. You can charge your cell phone, tablet, or other mobile device right from this speaker’s 5 amp hour battery. Thus, the specs by no means belie the quality JBL put into this top notch Bluetooth® power bank speaker.
JBL Xtreme 3 Speaker Specs
- Firstly, the dimensions are: (W x H x D): 298.5 x 136 x 134mm.
- Dimensions: (W x H x D): 11.75″ x 5.35″ x 5.28″ (inches).
- Weight: 1.968kg Kg.
- Weight: 4.339 Lbs.
- Secondly, the battery type is: Lithium-ion polymer, 5000 MaH, 36.3 WaH.
- The battery charge time: 4 hours using a charger that provides 20 volts at 3 amps.
- AC Adapter (included): USB-C , 5 / 9 / 12 / 15 / 20 volts, all at 3 amps.
- USB Output: 5 volts at 3.5 amps divided up across the two output ports.
- USB-A output: 5 volts at 2 amps MAX.
- USB-C output: 5 volts at up to 1.5 amps MAX.
- Total is 5 volts at 2.5 amps for both ports together.
- Thirdly, the Bluetooth® transmitter frequency range is: 2.4000 – 2.4835 GHz.
- The Bluetooth® Transmitter Power: 0-12.5 dBm (EIRP).
- Bluetooth® Transmitter Modulation: GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK.
- The Bluetooth® version: 5.1.
- SRD Frequency Range: 2.407 GHz – 2.475 GHz.
- SRD Transmitter Power: : <10 dBm (EIRP)
- Music playing time: Up to 15 hours (varies by volume level and audio content)
- Bluetooth Profile: A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6
- Additionally, we have the transducers…
- Woofers: 2 x 70 mm, 2.75 inches.
- Tweeters: 2 x 20 mm, 0.79 inches.
- Output power: 2 x 25W for the woofers, and 2 x 25 W for the tweeters with AC adapter connected. Slightly less on battery power.
- Frequency response: 53.5 Hz. – 20 kHz.
- Signal-to-noise ratio: ≥ 80dB.
- Finally, the case design is: Waterproof to IP67 standards when you close the port door on the back tightly.
JBL Xtreme 3 Speaker Features
- The package includes the charger adapter, cables, and all the docs you need to start playing this speaker right away.
- You also get a carrying strap and built in hooks on the speaker for it.
- The strap also has a bottle opener.
- JBL Pro sound.
- Then, there’s the signature JBL bass radiators on each end of the unit for pronounced yet very punchy bass.
- Easy to access controls / buttons and ports on the top and back of the speaker, including the PartyBoost, Volume, Power, Pairing, and Play/Pause buttons.
- Lights on the unit include the PartyBoost oval, Power, and Pairing LED lamps on the top as well as the battery gauge bar on the front.
- Dual smart phone streaming. I.e. Streaming from two different Bluetooth® source devices.
- Connect Plus / PartyBoost support for joining up to over a hundred so enabled speakers.
- Rugged waterproof case design to IP67 standards, and dust proof too.
- A full day’s worth of play time on a single 4 hour charge using the included AC charger.
- You can pair two speakers with the PartyBoost function, for wider stereo imaging.
- This is a stereo speaker, that has separate drivers for the left and right audio channels. So it provides notable stereo sound even when you only have one of these.
- Battery gauge meter on the front, so you always know how much charge the speaker has left.
- AUX input.
- Two USB power outputs, including one USB-C port and one USB-A, for charging up to two mobile devices at the same time.
- Works great as a sound bar in your home theater.
Other Posts About the JBL Xtreme 3 BT Speaker
- Finding the Firmware Version Currently Running on the JBL Xtreme 3
- JBL Xtreme 3 Pairing Instructions
- JBL Xtreme 3 Factory Reset Instructions
- How to Bass Boost JBL Xtreme 3 for Bigger Sound
- How to Connect JBL Xtreme 3 to iPhone
- Google Home Mini Power Cord Specs, Replacement
- JBL Xtreme 2 Specs and Features of this Speaker
- JBL Go 3 Specs and Features for this Small Speaker
- Go 2 Specs, Specifications for this Little JBL Speaker
- JBL Charge 5 Specs and Features of this BT Speaker
References for JBL Xtreme 3 Specs
- 2021-08-07: Originally published.