This post gives JBL Xtreme speaker Bluetooth pairing instructions. It shows pairing with iOS tablets and phone devices. But similar procedures work on Android devices also. In short, with your speaker shut off (Power button dark), run through this routine to pair your Xtreme to a Bluetooth source device. We show this on an iPad Air tablet here. However, pairing is nearly the same for all the other BT devices, although the screen arrangements are a bit different depending on the source unit you’re pairing.
JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
1. Pull Up the Home Screen on your Source Bluetooth Device
Press the Home button to reveal the Home screen. See our Home screen as pictured next.
2. Find the Settings App on your Source Bluetooth Device
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen on our iPad Air tablet.
3. Bring up the Settings App to Continue with JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Pairing
Tap the Settings app icon.
The tablet / iPhone then displays the first page of its Settings screen, as shown in the next screenshot
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page
Tap the Bluetooth item, as pointed at by the dark green arrow in the last screenshot above.
Our Bluetooth Settings screen the appears as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since JBL Xtreme speaker is currently powered OFF, it does not show in either the My Devices or Other Devices lists yet, Why? Because we’ve never paired it with this iPad Air before, and the speaker is not yet broadcasting its connection information. See this, as shown next.
5. Turn On your JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
Turn on this speaker by quickly pressing its Power button. See this pointed at by the green arrow in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on.
But since our iPad does not know about this speaker, the Xtreme will not pair with it by itself. The light that comes to life in the power switch denotes this not-paired state by glowing solid white or blinking blue, as shown next.
6. Put your JBL Bluetooth Speaker into Pairing Mode
Now, to see your JBL Xtreme speaker on your iOS phone or tablet, enter the speaker into Bluetooth pairing mode. To do that, press and release the Bluetooth button on the speaker, as highlighted in the next picture.
When you press the Pairing button, the speaker makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Plus, the Power button changes from a solid white glow to flashing blue. See this in the last picture.
To simplify the screenshots that follow, we’ve deleted from our iPad some of the Bluetooth devices not needed to illustrate the points in this demo.
7. Find your JBL Xtreme on your iOS iPad, iPod, or iPhone Device to Continue with JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Pairing
See the screen shot next. We found ours, as pointed at by the green arrow, as seen next.
8. Pair with your JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth devices list, shown above.
Your iOS device then pairs with the Xtreme (appears as “JBL Xtreme” in this demo). The Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to display something like the following.
Note that the Xtreme JBL speaker now shows as connected, as shown inside the green oval in the last picture.
9. Done with JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Pairing !
We have now successfully paired our JBL Xtreme Bluetooth speaker with our iPad iOS device.
Other Posts About the JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Xtreme Charging Time, How Long to Fully Charge
- Xtreme JBL Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
- JBL Xtreme Charger Cord Specs
- How to Restart JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Xtreme Firmware Update Instructions
Related Posts to JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Pairing
- JBL Charge 5 Bluetooth Pairing
- JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Google Home Mini Bluetooth Pairing
- JBL Charge 4 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Pairing Help
References for JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Pairing
- 2021-08-11: Shortened the internal links and tags lists.
- 2020-07-27: First released.