These Netgear EX3700 setup instructions for this Netgear® AC750 WiFi range extender model EX3700, show easy itself; especially when you have screen shots from an actual setup scenario, as we snapped here, while connecting our EX3700 to our existing wireless networks.
The Netgear® firmware automates much of the procedure in the Genie wizard web interface at the netgear extender setup website as you’ll see below, so that nearly all you need do is answer a few questions; most of which they supply with acceptable default values. Then, you find your networks to be extended in a list they provide, enter their passwords, and this wireless extender takes it from there. The Netgear EX3700 connects to your selected wireless networks and repeats them; extending their range as advertised.
The picture above shows the Wi-Fi range extender after Netgear EX3700 setup, connected to and extending both our 2.4 Ghz. and 5 Ghz. wireless networks. The router lamp on the top left corner in this picture, glows a solid green, indicating that this device is receiving good signal from the primary network(s) previously programmed into it, and repeating them successfully. The power LED indicates that the unit is powered on; normal operation is denoted by, again, a steady green glow.
The WPS lamp also glows, meaning that Wi-Fi protected setup is available (this light flashes when a WPS-based authentication is in progress).
Finally, the device lamp, which is off in the above picture, glows when you connect a wireless device to one of the networks hosted by this range extender.
Now in this procedure, we’re going to wipe the Netgear EX3700 clean of any user-programmed settings, and show you how to set it up to extend the networks in your particular environment.
Netgear EX3700 Setup Procedure
1. Connect the Netgear EX3700 to Power
As shown above, you just plug it into a standard wall outlet. Do this in the same room as your primary router. While doing Netgear EX3700 setup, this extender needs to be close to your primary Wi-Fi networks. However, once you’ve completed setup, you can then move the EX3700 to anywhere within range of your primary wireless network that need improved Wi-Fi network reception.
2. Reset the Netgear EX3700 to Default Factory Setting Before Netgear EX3700 Setup
3. Log into the Netgear Extender Setup Website to Configure the EX3700
4. Tap the New Extender Setup Button
5. Enter New Account Information
6. Tap the blue Next Button
7. Tap the Wi-Fi Range Extender Button
Find the WiFi range extender button, pointed at by the pink arrow in the previous picture. This tells the Netgear EX3700 to scan both the 2.4 and 5 Ghz. bands for eligible wireless networks to repeat, and thus, extend.
8. Pick the Wi-Fi Networks you Wish to Extend
9. Tap the blue Next Button
10. Enter Network Security Key (password) for One or Both Wi-Fi Networks
11. Tap the Blue Next Button
Then after a short pause, and if all goes well, the EX3700 successfully connects to the primary wireless networks being extended. Netgear EX3700 setup is just about done.
Next, Genie® then prompts you, as shown in the next picture. Further, she offers you to edit the network names and passwords for the new extension networks. There’s now one new network that the extender has created for your 2.4 Ghz. primary Wi-Fi network. Also, there’s one for the 5 Ghz. Wi-Fi network.
Furthermore, by default, these take the same as your primary networks with slight additions. The 2.4 Ghz. extension has a “_2GEXT” string appended to it. The 5 Ghz. extension network has a “_5GEXT” string added to it. Also, the extended network passwords default to the same passwords as the extended network passwords. We suggest not changing from these default network names without good reason.
12. Tap the Blue Next Button
13. Tap the blue Continue Button
Then, this closes the Netgear® Genie® interface.
14. Scan for the Extended Networks
On our iPad, we again visit the Settings page, under the Wi-Fi settings, and we get the following screen. The pink line circles the Wi-Fi networks broadcast by the EX3700 in the next picture.
15. Move the Netgear EX3700 to Where you Need improved Wi-Fi signal
Next, after Netgear EX3700 setup, unplug the extender. Then, take it to the final location. plug it in there, and wait for booting to finish. The lights on its front should look as follows once the extender again establishes connection with your primary network.
You’ve now completed the Netgear EX3700 setup procedure finally. So, feel free to connect your wireless devices to the extension networks. Have fun!
Qualifiers and Disclaimers
During this Netgear ex3700 setup demo, we used the following Netgear® firmware versions:
- http //belkin.range/Setup Instructions for the F9K1106v1 N600 Belkin Wi-Fi Extender
- Netgear Universal WiFi Internet Adapter WNCE2001 Review
- How to Factory Reset Netgear WiFi Extender, General Instructions
- Netgear Wireless Ethernet Bridge WN2500RP Review
- Reset WiFi Network on Netgear WNCE2001 Universal Internet Adapter
- Netgear EX3700 AC750 Official Product Page
- What is a Wireless Range Extender? on Wikipedia
- Where to buy the Netgear EX3700
- 2018-03-24: Revised content and title.
- 2017-02-26: Originally published.