This post teaches how to pair UE Wonderboom with iPad Air tablets. Start with your Ultimate Ears speaker (UE) shut OFF (all dark top panel LEDs). Then, follow these instructions to pair it to an iPad Air.
How to Pair UE Wonderboom with iPad Air Instructions
1. Visit the Home Screen on your iPad Air
Press the Home button to get to the Home iPad page. See our Home screen as shown next.
2. Find the iPad Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen on our tablet.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Tap the Settings app icon.
The iPad Air then displays the first page of its Settings screen, as shown in the next screenshot
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page
Tap the Bluetooth item, as pointed at by the dark green arrow in the last screenshot above.
Our Bluetooth Settings screen then appears as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is switched ON here. But since the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom is currently OFF, it does not show in either the My Devices or Other Devices lists on the tablet yet, Why? Because we’ve never paired it with this iPad before. Plus, the speaker is not yet broadcasting its BT connection information. See this situation, that looks something like as shown next.
Note in this picture that there’s no Wonderboom listed yet.
5. Turn On your UE Wonderboom Speaker
Turn on this UE by quickly pressing its Power button. See this button, circled in green, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on.
6. Put your Wonderboom into Pairing Mode
Now, to see your Wonderboom UE speaker on your iPad Air, place the Wonderboom into BT pairing mode. For that, press and release the Bluetooth button, as circled in the next picture.
When you press this Pairing button, the speaker makes a distinctive sound several times. Plus, a lamp in this button starts rapidly flashing white. See this in the last picture above.
7. Find your UE Wonderboom on your iPad Air
See the picture next. We found ours, as circled in green.
8. Pair with your Wonderboom Wireless Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth Devices list, shown above.
Your iPad Air then pairs with the Wonderboom (appears as “WONDERBOOM” in this demo).
The Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to display something like the following.
Note that the Ultimate Ears speaker now shows as paired, as circled inside the green oval in the last picture.
We have now successfully paired our UE Wonderboom Bluetooth speaker with our iPad Air iOS device. Audio output from that iPad now plays on this wireless UE speaker, which presumably, is what you want to accomplish. Enjoy!
- How to Charge UE Wonderboom Speaker
- UE Wonderboom Pairing Instructions
- How to Pair JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker with iOS Devices
- UE Wonderboom Reset Instructions
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker with iPhone iPad iPod iOS Devices, How to Pair
- Charging UE Wonderboom Instructions, Step by Step
- How to Pair UE Wonderboom with Google Home Speakers
- JBL Charge 3 How to Pair with iOS Devices, iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
- How to Pair UE Wonderboom with Alexa Echo Speakers
- UE Wonderboom Buttons Guide, Where They Are, How to Use
- How to Adjust Volume on UE Wonderboom Speaker Instructions
- Factory Resetting UE Wonderboom Speaker
- How to Tell if UE Wonderboom is Charging
- 2019-05-15: Tweaked the targeting for ‘How to Pair UE Wonderboom with iPad Air’ and added tags and related posts links.
- 2019-02-11: First released.