Here, we show how to reset Chromecast Audio factory settings. Resetting restores this Chromecast receiver to factory default state, and often fixes any peculiar behaviors you might encounter on this device.
Reset Chromecast Audio Receiver Instructions
Find reset button is on the side of the Chromecast, near the micro USB power port at the top of the unit, pointed at by the blue arrow, shown in the following pictures.
We recommend that you disconnect Chromecast Audio from any amplifiers or amplified speakers before resetting. Why? Because during reset, the Chromecast may generate loud pops and clicks. These could destroy (blow) connected speakers, especially with high volume settings.
Also, keep in mind that resetting disconnects the Chromecast Audio from the WiFi network it was set up on before as well as unlinks it from your Google account. So, resetting is always a good idea whenever you’re getting the unit ready for resale or gifting.
With the receiver powered up, press and hold the Reset button here with a thumb or index finger for several seconds. This starts a factory default hard reset, when the pilot lamp near it turns orange.
The factory reset is complete when the light flashes an orange, gradually strengthening and weakening light pattern.
Again, you’ll need to set up your Chromecast Audio receiver again after this reset, for this device will not work until you do.
- Factory Reset Google Mini Speaker Instructions
- Google Home Mini Reset to Factory Default Settings
- JBL Charge 3 Hard Reset Instructions
- How to Reset Google Home Mini Smart Speaker to Factory Default State
- Reset Echo Dot 1st Generation, Gen 1 Echo Dot Reset
- How to Reset Google Home Speakers
- Resetting Echo Alexa Smart Speakers
- How to Clear Settings on Honeywell Thermostat
- Reset Gosund Mini Smart Plug, Hard Factory Reset
- JBL Xtreme Reset Instructions – How to Reset JBL Xtreme Speaker
- How to Factory Data Reset (FDR) your Chromecast Audio from Google Support
- Chromecast Audio Review: The Ultimate Audio Streaming Dongle is Better than Ever, from Cnet
- 2019-04-15: Tweaked key phrase targeting and added more tags.
- 2018-12-24: First published.