We offer here our Amazon Echo 3rd generation speaker reset instructions here. So why would you ever reset this speaker?
- Well, you may later decide to sell it.
- Or perhaps when Christmas comes, you might wish to gift your Echo 3 to another person.
- Then too, you might decide to connect it to a new Amazon account.
- Or, you must connect it to a new WiFi network. E.g. Maybe you got a new router or changed the WiFi password.
In all these cases, a factory reset is best because it clears out old account data from the speaker’s memory.
To unlink the Echo 3rd generation from its current Amazon account, run through the routine below.
Note that if you’re just troubleshooting weird speaker behavior, you may not need a full hard reset. So, before resetting, try turning off the Echo 3 for fifteen seconds. Since it has no power switch, do this by unplugging the power cable from the wall outlet. Then, wait for a quarter minute. Then, plug it back in. Rebooting, and not resetting, often restores correct function. But if not, read on for the proper Echo generation 3 reset instructions.
Once reset, you’ll no longer have access this speaker from your Amazon account. To get control of it again, run through the setup routine. There, relink the Echo 3 to that account again via the Alexa app.
Reset Echo 3rd Generation Speaker Instructions
1. Connect Wall Power Cable
First, plug in the speaker to its AC cord, as shown next.
2. Next, Plug the AC Adapter into a Working Wall Outlet
See this as shown next.
Then, wait for the unit to power up. It’s done when either the light ring goes completely dark, or flashes orange, red, or purple.
3. Next, Press and Hold the Action Button for 6 to 10 Seconds
Depress the Action button. Then hold it in until the light ring turns orange.
Shortly after that, the speaker says that it is in Setup mode. The Action button also functions as the Reset button, and is pointed at by the green arrow in the next picture.
4. Finally, What Happens After Echo 3rd Generation Reset?
Your speaker is now set back to its factory default state. Plus, it goes into Setup mode after reset, as shown next.
5. Done with Reset Echo 3rd Generation speaker instructions !
Pack Up the Echo 3 or Set it Up Again
You may now give your speaker to another. No fear that they’ll get into the Alexa settings on your Amazon account. This is because you erased it with the reset. Or, set it up again on your account. But if giving away, we suggest that you pack it up in the carton it came in. See this box next.
Related Posts to Reset Echo 3rd Generation Speaker Instructions
- JBL Flip 4 Reset Instructions
- Reset Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker Instructions
- Alexa Echo Dot Reset Instructions
- Reset Harman Kardon Invoke Speaker Instructions
- iPod Nano 3 Reset Instructions
- 2020-05-11: First posted.