Here, we give reset Wonderboom Bluetooth speaker instructions that return the speaker to its default factory settings.
Resetting the Wonderboom speaker wipes any paired Bluetooth devices from memory. Clearing this data prevents the Wonderboom from connecting to any nearby BT devices after the reset. Further, you might reset to ready the Wonderboom for sale or re-gifting. Or, perhaps you simply wish to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer listen to on it when you power it up.
Reset Wonderboom, Step by Step
1. Turn on the Wonderboom
Press and release the Power button. The status lamp in that button lights and you hear a power-up sound. We circled the Power button in the next picture.
Then, the status light comes on solid or it blinks, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The Wonderboom makes a unique electronic sounding noise when it turns on. The speaker is then ready for use when this sound stops.
Now it may or may not pair with a device. That depends on whether you have any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about the Wonderboom. Whether paired or not, the reset works as follows.
3. Be Sure the Wonderboom is Not Paired with Anything Prior to Reset
This speaker does not answer to the reset command while connected with a source Bluetooth device. So disconnect it before resetting.
4. Press the Power and the Volume DOWN Button Together for Five to Eight Seconds
Find the Power and Volume DOWN buttons. The Power button is on the top of the Wonderboom, near the front. Volume DOWN is the long plum line on the front, near the bottom. See these both pointed out by the green arrows in the next picture.
The Wonderboom then enters reset. Within a couple seconds, the unit switches off afterwards. Next, the falling electronic ker-plunk sound plays. Then the status lamp in the Power button goes dark, as shown next.
5. Check that your Speaker Did Indeed Reset
Next, power on the speaker again, as detailed in step 1 above.
After reset, the Wonderboom comes up in ready-to-connect mode, with the pairing lamp rapidly flashing white.
6. Reset Wonderboom Now Done!
The Wonderboom reset is finished now. So go ahead and gift or sell it, or connect it anew with your BT devices.
Don’t forget to delete any now-stale connections to the Wonderboom speaker from your source BT devices that you set up prior to resetting. These will no longer work. So you should “forget” them in your source device’s settings pages.
Related Posts to Reset Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
- Echo Spot Reset Help
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Pairing Instructions
- JBL Clip 3 Reset Routine
- Hard Reset Google Home Speaker, How To
- Echo Dot 3rd Generation Reset Directions
- Reset Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker, How To
- Alexa Echo Dot Reset, Step by Step
- Pair UE Wonderboom with Google Home, How To
- Reset Chromecast Audio Instructions
- How to Reset Echo Alexa Smart Speakers
- Reset UE Roll Speaker Instructions, How to Hard Factory Reset
- Reset Google Mini Speaker, How To
- JBL Clip 2 Reset Button Location on this JBL Speaker
- Where is Reset Button on Google Home Speaker
- JBL Go Hard Factory Reset Instructions for JBL Go and Go 2 Speakers
- How to Factory Reset JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Clip 3 Reset Instructions, How to Hard Factory Reset JBL Clip 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair UE Wonderboom with Alexa Echo Speakers
- How to Adjust Volume on Wonderboom Speaker Instructions
- 2019-06-29: Tweaked the targeting for ‘Reset Wonderboom’, and added more tags and links.
- 2019-04-01: First released.