Here, we show how to run JBL Charge 3 firmware check on the JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth speaker. To check that the firmware installed on your Charge 3 is current, you’ll need a mobile device with Bluetooth, the JBL Connect+ app installed on that device, and of course, the Charge 3 speaker itself. Checking for new firmware versions takes less than a minute.
How to Run JBL Charge 3 Firmware Check
Now, connect your mobile device to the internet and install the Connect+ app if you haven’t done so already.
Connect your JBL Charge 3 to AC power. Why? Because we don’t want its battery power bank going dead during the firmware update, should we decide to go ahead and install any new firmware.
Then, pair your mobile device with the JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth speaker.
You are now ready to check to see if the firmware currently installed on your JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth speaker is up to date.
Checking Firmware on JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker
1. Find the JBL Connect+ App on your Mobile Device
We found ours on the fourth home page in our Apple iPad Air, as shown next.
2. Run the JBL Connect+ (JBL Connect Plus) App
The app takes a few seconds to show you some pretty animations when you first start it. But then it finds your paired JBL Charge 3 speaker and shows you its status screen, as pictured next.
Firmware Update Available Case
Note the explanation point inside the orange circle in the top right corner of the speaker’s picture, as pointed at by the dark green arrow. This means that there are important messages about this speaker pending for your to read and act upon. The presence of this symbol usually means that there is a later firmware version available for your Charge 3 than the one currently installed on the speaker.
Update the Speaker’s Firmware if Later Version Available and you Wish to Update
See our post Updating Firmware on JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker, How To, Via JBL Connect Plus App if you wish to install the latest firmware on your JBL Charge 3 portable loudspeaker.
No Firmware Update Available, Firmware Version is Current
Note that if there are no current messages or firmware updates available for this particular wireless speaker displayed in the JBL Connect Plus app, then you will see no explanation point. The Connect+ home screen in that case, looks as follows.
- JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker USB AC Charger Adapter Specs
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker with Power Bank
- How to Force a Firmware Update on the Amazon Echo Alexa Smart Speakers
- JBL Charge 3 Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Picture Gallery
- How to Reset Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Find Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Firmware Version Instructions
- 2019-04-02: Shortened post title and improved key phrase targeting.
- 2018-07-29: First published.