Honeywell WiFi thermostats offer several ways (at least) to cut your heating and cooling costs. On the RTH9580WF, you can set these temp limits. This allows you to control just how warm and how cool the t-stat will make the home. In this post, we detail how to set Honeywell thermostat temperature limits on RTH9580WF WiFi t-stat.
How to Set Honeywell Thermostat Temperature Limits on RTH9580WF WiFi Thermostat
1. Bring Up T-Stat Home Screen
These t-stats usually display the Home screen by default. But your screen may be blank, depending on how you’ve set up the backlight timeout settings. In that case, just touch any spot on the touchscreen to turn on the display.
You should then see something like the screen we’ve shown next.
2. Tap the Menu Button
Find the Menu button near the top right corner of the screen, as pointed at by the green arrow in the last picture.
Tapping the Menu button brings up the t-stat’s main menu, as shown next.
3. Tap the Preferences Button
Note that we’ve scrolled down the main menu to find the Preferences option, as circled.
Tapping Preferences displays the Preferences page, as shown next.
Again, we’ve scrolled down the Preferences page to bring the Advances Preferences button into view.
4. Tap the Advanced Preferences Button
The Advanced Preferences menu item can be found roughly two thirds the way down the Preferences menu, as shown in the last picture.
This brings up the first screen in the Advanced Preferences list of screens. In our t-stat, we got the Scheduling Options page, as shown next.
5. Repeatedly Press the Green Next Button Until the Temperature Limits Screen Appears
On ours, we had to press this button four times to reach the Temp Limits page. See the picture of this page in the next step.
6. Set the Minimum Cool Limit Value
On the left half of the Temperature Limits page is the Minimum Cool Limit adjustment control, as circled in green in the next picture.
Tap the UP and DOWN arrows until the minimum cool limit temperature you want appears. We set ours to 50 degrees. See this in the last picture. This means that our heating system will never try to cool our home to any temp colder than 50 degrees.
7. Set the Maximum Heat Limit Value
On the right half of the Temperature Limits page is the Maximum Heat Limit adjustment control, as circled in green in the next picture.
Tap the UP and DOWN arrows until the maximum heat temperature you want appears. We set ours to 90 degrees here. This means that our heating system will never warm our home to any temp hotter than 90 degrees.
8. Press the Red Done Button
Once you have set both the max heat and min cool temp values, tap the Done button, as pointed at by the green arrow in the next picture.
The RTH9580WF then returns you to the Preferences screen, as shown next.
9. Press the Previous Menu Button
Find the Previous Menu button in the last picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
This takes you back to the Main Menu, as shown next.
10. Press the Home Button
This takes you back to the t-stat-s home screen.
We have now successfully set Honeywell thermostat temperature limits on our RTH9580WF WiFi thermostat.
- Honeywell Thermostat Waiting for Equipment Message, How to Clear on the RTH9580WF Smart Thermostat
- How to Calibrate Honeywell Thermostat Temperature RTH9580WF
- Honeywell Thermostat Not Heating Up, How to Fix
- How to Set Honeywell Thermostat Temperature RTH9580WF
- Honeywell RTH9580WF Color Screen Thermostat Review
- Honeywell Thermostat Wifi RTH9580WF Review, from WiFiThermostatReviews.com
- RTH9580WF Thermostat FAQ, from Honeywell.com
- 2018-05-28: First published.