We offer here our Sony Bluetooth speaker factory reset instructions for typical models in this line, to set them back to their out-of-the-box settings. Factory resetting to default state restores most any Sony Bluetooth speaker to a fresh, known-good state. Plus, it wipes away any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Thus, deleting these stops this speaker from pairing to any nearby BT devices. Also, you might factory reset to get the speaker ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing wirelessly with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
Sony Bluetooth Speaker Factory Reset Instructions, Step by Step Instructions
1. Turn the Bluetooth Speaker ON
Press and release the Power button for a half-second or so. In this demo, we’re using the SRS XB31 speaker. But most other Sony BT speaker models also have a Power button and work the same as we discuss below. So on your speaker, find the Power button as we see in the next picture.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
The speaker may make a ding-dong tone sound when it boots, to announce that it has paired, should it connect to a nearby device. Or it may make no sound whatsoever if it does not. But whether it pairs or not, this factory reset procedure works the same way, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Power and Volume DOWN Buttons Together
Find these buttons as shown next. In this demo, they are both on the top button panel, as we point out in the next picture.
The Sony Bluetooth speaker then enters the factory reset process.
Then after around five seconds, the speaker powers OFF. Further, the status lamp goes dark, as shown next. So release the buttons at this time. Note that on many Sony Bluetooth speakers, there is no power-down sound even though the unit does indeed power OFF.
3. Check that your Sony Bluetooth Speaker Did Indeed Factory Reset
Next, power on the unit again, as we describe in step 1 above.
Note that after factory reset, the speaker comes up in pairing mode. The Pairing Mode lamp quickly blinks to tell you this. E.g. See this in the next picture.
This is a signal that you may then look for this speaker on a nearby BT device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with Sony Bluetooth Speaker Factory Reset !
The factory reset is done. So you may now sell or gift the speaker, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a factory reset, the Sony Bluetooth speaker no longer automatically connects with any device. So to restore auto linking, you first pair it manually with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and are in range, pairing automatically occurs once more.
Related Posts to Sony Bluetooth Speaker Factory Reset
- Sony SRS XB41 Factory Reset Instructions
- Sony SRS XB22 Factory Reset Instructions
- JBL Pulse 3 Factory Reset Instructions
- Sony SRS XB31 Factory Reset Instructions
- JBL Charge 5 Factory Reset Instructions
Other Posts About the Typical Sony Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Put Sony Bluetooth Speaker In Pairing Mode
- Sony Bluetooth Speaker Charging Instructions
- Sony Bluetooth Speaker Pairing Instructions
- How to Connect to Sony Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Make Sony Bluetooth Speaker Discoverable
- 2022-07-11: First published.