This post offers Sony speaker Bluetooth pairing instructions, for common Sony wireless speakers. You can pair any of these with practically all tablets and phones of the Apple and Android platforms, or any other device that supports Bluetooth connectivity.
Sony Speaker Bluetooth Pairing Instructions, Step by Step
With your Sony speaker not running (power button is dark), perform these directions to pair it to your source mobile device. We’re using an iPad Air tablet for this demo along with the Sony SRS-XB41 as our target Bluetooth speaker.
1. Go to the Home Screen on your Source Bluetooth Device
Firstly, press the Home button to get to the smart device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, touch the Settings app icon.
The smart device then shows the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with Sony Speaker Bluetooth Pairing
Our Bluetooth Settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is running here. But since this speaker is currently switched OFF (and so, is not in BT pairing mode), it does not appear in the BT devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never linked this Sony speaker with our mobile device before.
5. Turn On the Sony Speaker
Additionally, turn on the speaker by quickly pressing and releasing its Power button. See this, pointed at by the aqua arrow, in the next picture. Just about all Sony speakers have this button, and it works the same on almost every one of them.
The speaker then powers up, and its status lamp glows, as we see in the next picture.
But since our test iPad does not know about this Sony speaker, it will not pair with the iPad without our intervention.
6. Put the Sony Speaker into Discovery Mode
Now, to see the speaker on your device, place it into Bluetooth discovery / pairing mode. To do that, press the Pairing button, and release after a quarter second.
Find the Pairing button as we see in the next picture, pointed at by the yellow arrow. Note that this button also serves as the Power button.
Then the speaker emits a rising pitch set of beeps, and announces in a female voice, “Bluetooth pairing.” Also, the Bluetooth Status lamp begins blinking in fast light bursts.
7. Find the Speaker on your Mobile Device to Continue with Sony Speaker Bluetooth Pairing
See the screen shot next. We found the target Sony speaker, as pointed at by the arrow.
8. Pair with the Speaker
Tap the listed Sony speaker in the discovered devices list.
Your mobile device then pairs with it.
E.g. The the mobile device’s Bluetooth Settings screen might then change to appear as follows. Note the now-connected SRS XB41 entry, as we point out with the yellow arrows in the next screenshot.
9. Done with Sony Speaker Bluetooth Pairing !
At last, we have now successfully paired the target Sony speaker with a typical mobile tablet device.
Related Posts to Sony Speaker Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Harman Kardon Invoke Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Wonderboom Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Clip 2 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
Other Posts About the Sony Speaker
- How to Connect to Sony Speaker
- How to Charge a Sony Speaker
- Sony Speaker Hard Reset Instructions
- How to Turn On Lights on a Sony Speaker
- How to Turn Off Lights on a Sony Speaker
- 2022-07-22: First published.